xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Accidentally Deleted Pre-set Files

I made a bo-bo lolI've accidentally deleted those pre-set files that are in the file manager when you first register, you know those _vti thingy magiggers, well i accidentally deleted them, so i was wondering if an admin can re-insert them for me :rolleyes: or re-set my hosting whatever you have to do.... thanks :)

_filename are for your FrontPage to be published. If you do not use FrontPage to upload, you do not need those folders.To reset, as time and time again explained, you have to terminate your hosting and start over. If your web index page is operating as normal (under public_html) your hosting is running correctly.If you wish to reset to the original state, please terminate your hosting and re-apply.Thank you :)

_filename are for your FrontPage to be published. If you do not use FrontPage to upload, you do not need those folders.

BH, you mean if I don't use FrontPage, which I don't, I can safely remove those folders starting with _vit_ ? How about the _private folder?

BH, you mean if I don't use FrontPage, which I don't, I can safely remove those folders starting with _vit_ ? How about the _private folder?

You can remove them without any consequences.

However, they do not take much of your hosting space--probably no more than 30Kbytes all together.

If you set your permission to the public_html correctly, you can regain them back when you use FrontPage to publish you web pages. But it will not be Xisto publishing files. So you may not have all the function you would want from FrontPage. .htaccess files have been created customized for your convenience. Please back up those folders/files before deleting. You can store them in your local drive.