xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
detportal

Australians: Beazley Got Owned

This might be a few days late but I didn't get a chance to come onto the forums. I'm not sure how many people on these forums live in Australia, but they might have heard a bit about Australian politics.The (now former) opposition leader, Kim Beazley recently learned that he had lost his job as a leader and that his younger brother had died, apparently of a heart attack...I don't meant to offend him, but this is my response:I would like to extend my deepest condolences to Kim Jong Il as he goes through the very difficult process of burying his beloved career and brother. Did I say Kim Jong Il? Terribly sorry, I meant Kim Beazley.But seriously, Kim Beazley's mistake in addressing the correct name of the husband of a famous deceased actress was what REALLY got the people talking about a leadership challenge. If he hadn't mistaken the name, he might not have faced the challenge.For those who live in the US and haven't heard the news, Kim Beazley mistook the name of an advisor to George W. Bush - Karl Rove - for that of a TV presenter Rove McManus.At the time of posting his successor is trying to sort out how his party will face the next election.