xisto Community
AlternativeNick

Religion In Business?

i heard today that Wal-Mart is going to be saying 'Merry Christmas' this year, instead of the tradional, politically correct, 'Happy Holidays'.Personally, i think this is a step for the better, because what is the reason for the season? not turkey and santa thats for sure.i know that most people will say 'why not hanakuh (sp?) but if you ask me, there would be no other 'winter holidays' if it wasnt for Christmas, so just let me know what you all think, and why you are for or against business going back to America's Christian roots.

Do you have proof they have? I don't see them doing that. I mean it's Wal-Mart the greediest, slimiest, company i know of. They will do anything to get more money and pay the people who work for them less. The two reasons, if they do, they are saying this is1. They are doing this to get publicity which brings in MORE money2. The current CEO is a religious freak. By the way not all religious people are freaks haha. There are some who take certain religions way to far and thats what i am talking about.Personally i think it's fine if they do that and they should if they want, but come on, it's wal mart. They are doing it for a very specific reason.

Probably a media-grabbing exercise. Theres been some cases of controversial situations for multi-national companies leading to increased sales and so forth, and there has been other situations where it either doesnt change or goes down (either slightly or major).