xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Matrixdudej

Man Lands On The Moon

Moon  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

well I can`t say for sure - I`ve seen a documentary on Discovery about this and the arguments those people brought in favor of the "nasa faked moon landing" variant are quite strong (there`s no wind on moon, but the flag they put there was waving...also, some shadows were just "wrong" speaking of direction and some more...)so, we`ll probably never know :)

When I first saw the documentary, I believed that it was staged, since that is how the evidence seemed to point, but after reading the rebuttles to those points on the related Wikipedia article, I again believed that we actually landed on the moon. I believe that the explainations given there are very reasonable, and so, yes, I believe we actually DID land on the moon.

As I heard now NASA wanted to make a moon-station, and peoples will live there.But i think we need new technology to explorer space. I hope we can find life there....

We landed.If we really wanted to stage something we would have done it before Yuri Gagarin went into space first. Although I wonder if Apollo 13 could have been a result of that fake landing. Of course I would take what wikipedia says as a grain of salt, for all the bad publicity they been having lately. I think that conspiracy theorist have to much time on their hands to think we faked the landing.Now going back to the moon now, would be pointless, we don't have the budget to do so and I would think are allies would think it would be stupid of us to risk something like that. Of course it has been the stepping stone we need since sci-fi and of course anime that shows us in outer space. They admit it will be very expensive, I wouldn't doubt the upkeep would be expensive either.Of course think what kind of dangers we could be facing, solar wind from our sun, the lack of air, meteorites and all the other small debris that is floating out there, that was place by us. It is useful but just as dangerous to do so at the same time.

I think we definitely landed, although I don't really see the point in the moon base, as current technology doesn't make it very affordable.One comment I have heard about NASA is that all the innovation is gone. Back when space flight was in its infancy, the technicians working at NASA were innovative, they had to be, else America would never have got into space. Now the people working at NASA are not nearly as innovative, so they are still using the methods of getting into space as 50 years ago.

Now the people working at NASA are not nearly as innovative, so they are still using the methods of getting into space as 50 years ago.

They are still using the methods of 50 years ago because it has been working. But right now they are working on a reusable space shuttle that can be used time and time again for flight. Trust me, they have been working but sometimes they aren't given sufficient funds to do the project they'd like to. They also have contests for people outside of NASA to come up with ideas and prototypes as well.

As for the moon, yes it happened. That wikipedia article shows it all. Even the flag waving has an explanation. It'd be pointless to try and make something up like that anyway.

I never thought that the moon landings were fake or something but having read the wikipedia article about it and doing a small research on the topic it really makes me think, What if it really was a hoax? Well surely the technology available at that time seems to be quite adequate considering the minimalistic computer power and it also seems a bit fishy as the radiation levels in space could have easily proved fatal for humans. Now comes the question, Why would they have had done that? The answers could be many, One of them being the urge to prove supremacy in space wars over Russia. It could be something different too like distracting people from the real troubles of the day. I am not a firm believer in hoaxes/conspiracy theories and all but questions like these really make me think twice before trusting any so called facts by the Big Bosses.

Edited by me_boxer_dude (see edit history)

As with anything that has to be kept secret, conspiracy theories arise. Research your history if you wonder why the US might consider faking a moon landing. The US lived in daily fear that the USSR would find a way to get their nukes past our watch dogs, wipe all of us out, wait 50 years, move in and own US soil. Once you understand that historical background, then you have a stage for setting up a big lie. But that doesn't mean it was fake. With the espionage that was taking place (and we have since proven that there really were sleeper cells of USSR agents, and have since caught a various level of turncoat US agents who were sending info to USSR) it would be amazing if the US could actually get away with faking it. It seems to me, it boils down to this. The US put men on the moon. They didn't want to explain how in too much detail, because of espionage. So they lied about a few things, stage a few things, etc., in order to cover up some of the facts of the real mission, to prevent the USSR from duplicating their work. It's like Coke. They don't want anyone to know what the ingredients are in their drink. So they engage in cover up, etc, to protect it, because there are corporate spies who are trying every day to find out the ingredients so they can start producing it in China and undercut Coca Cola's sales. Doesn't mean Coke doesn't produce a soft drink called Coca Cola, just because some parts are secret, right? ;)

I'm going with Yes we did land on the moon. I have heard nothing about this on the TV etc. So I'm going for Yes we did. The main reason being what motive would anyone have to stage this?

I belive they did land on the moon. All this thoeries of how they couldn't of landed is just rubbish. The reasonf or America to fake the landing are not strong enough. Just so they can win the space race is not a good reason. Russia got to space first and noone critises that. America got to the moon first. They is no hard evidence to support they haben't/

Since this is my first post under the new look of Xisto I'd like to express my delight on the way the forum is set up. Change is and was inevitable since Xisto has grown so much since I registered more then 2 years ago. Back then Xisto barely had 4000 members and now it has over 27000 members and over 280000 posts. It feels good to know I have been with Xisto since almost it's beginning.

Thank you Xisto for 2 great years!

Now going to the topic... I have stated my opinion regarding this subject in many posts (when you are such an old member you tend to repeat certain stuff... ;) ). Nevertheless I will state it again. I think men has NEVER set foot on the moon. Not that it couldn't do it today, but it simply hasn't done it when everybody (or almost everybody) thinks he did. With today's technology that is well within our grasp, but back in the '60 I think that was far beyond what was available in the moment.

The reason for such a huge hoax (the biggest in history) is easy to understand. The Cold War at it's peak, the USSR and the USA fighting for supremacy both on Earth and in the outer space. After getting beaten the first time (since the USSR has managed to put the first man on the orbit) the USA said: if we can't do it why not fake it. And so it was... It is said that it is much easier to make a lot of people believe something that is not real then making only a small group of people to believe the same thing. Everybody stood in front of their television sets and couldn't even imagine that what they saw was not real. The neighbor saw the same image, his friends saw the same image.... and so everyone believed.

But there are things left unanswered like why the flag flapped, or why there are shadows pointing in different directions. Or how come the USA pulled it all the way to the moon even though they had 5 times less space experience then the Russians. There are things that tell us that what people saw was not real. It was, as Neil Armstrong said, a big step for mankind, but it was a big step in the deserts of Nevada not on the moon.

Even if the moon landings will turn someday to be a hoax people will still not believe... they will not want to believe that they were fooled. Many people refuse to even analyze the conspiracy theories because they simply do not want to think at the implications...

Edited by adriantc (see edit history)

hi friends...first of all i would also like to congratulate trap 17 team for this new look though i lost some of my posts and almost 15 credits in the process...but still you people have done a wonderful job...i m myself a computer engineer and i know that these glitches happen...now coming on the post, since i m an Indian i think i can give an impartial view, i think that neil armstrong definitely landed on moon... the reason being that this thing happened at the peak of cold war...suppose you and me as lame people were not able to understand that NASA did a fraud...but what about russians...what about KGB...dont you think that even if there was the slightest hint of a fraud that russian spies would have smelled then they would not have publicised that to humiliate United states of America.. rivals like them dont leave each other over issues if they have even a slight doubt....its like that suppose today google is doing something wrong and suppose yahoo gets a leak that maybe google is doing this wrong then do you think that yahoo will sit quietly...it will immediately have an offensive against goole...so if there was slightest doubt in the minds of russian spies then they would definitely have gone on a publicity offensive against United States of America.ok bye...keep writing...

hmmm well it seemd like most of the people believe that they did land on the moon but still, you have to wonder about stuff like this is it true? was it a coverup? did they first land on the moon? but anyway im glad to see some other peoples thoughts about this