xisto Community
Sinari

Walmart Addiction good ol wally world...

Does anyone else have a Walmart addiction? I do. Not many people are actually addicted to that madhouse, but I still am. Even if I have to make up an excuse to head there and buy something (deodorant, trash bags, lead for goodness sake!) I'll make sure that we go everyday of the week. So far, the longest that I have gone to Walmart in a row was two months. Everyday for two months heading to Walmart to walk around and shop. It's like getting high off of Walmart!Like being addicted to it wasn't enough, when someone bad talks about it, I will stick up for Walmart and get into a heated debate about how what they are saying is totally wrong and how somethign so perfect could be as bad as they say. Like I said, I have a problem.Our Walmart is even a SuperCenter, which means that we have food, clothing, toys, music, electronics, school supplies, holiday items, a pharmacy, cosmetic secton, sports department, and a really cool crafts section. Why would anyone want to leave town if you have a Walmart that has all of that? This is also why we end up going everyday, everything that we could need in one week is provided along with more. I'm also an avid writer which makes me pretty hungry so I eat the snacks in the house for the main purpose to go to Walmart even sooner. My friends all think that when I joke about Walmart's Annoyamous it is a real joke. To me, this is a reality and a bad habit. Too bad no one believes you when you say that your addiction is something so strange as to be addicted to Walmart...

I guess it would depend on where you live. I have a walmart 2 blocks away from my house. It is huge, but I rarely go there, unless I have to buy a lot of things, or go with someone. If I need groceries or snacks, in Mexico there is almost a store in every single corner. Its like, people dont know what to invest their money in, so they build a store. If I was going to go to the wal mart to spend some time, I would eventually go the the mall thats in front of it.

Well I live in the UK, so I've not been to WalMart (Although we have "Asda" which is owned by WalMart) but I have heard (thanks to SouthPark :rolleyes: ) that alot of people get addicted to it, and they can't stop.

I don't really see why, though...What is it you find so great about it? I just can't see why a supermarket could be fun :)

I've never actually heard of a Wal-Mart addiction. I guess you know a lot of the people that work there... or have gotten to know them? That's pretty interesting. What do you do on days you don't go to Wal-Mart? And what's the longest you have ever been inside the Wal-Mart shopping? Well hopefully you can slow it down some easily because you will just end up waste your money buying stuff just so you can be at Wal-Mart. It's like you have a shopping addiction but just at one store. I'd limit your money so you don't spend too much.

I don't see why it's so bad :) I like your addiction better than smoking or something, it doesn't have that many of direct health consequences. How hard exactly do you try to get rid of it? What happens when you skip shopping at walmart for a few days? Would you feel terribly awkward? I don't think your addiction is that horrible, you see.. once you get rid of this addiction, I am afraid that you will get dangerously addicted to something else. Binge eating, alcohol, stuffs like that. Somehow Walmart for you should become associated with something bad, you're supposed to get a slight aversion for it, in order to want avoiding going there.

Omg... I totally love Wal-Mart!! We just got one near us so it's been so great to get to go there a lot. :rolleyes: The closest we one we had - until this past year - was about 1-2 hours away but now all we have to do is drive for 20 minutes and boom - WAL-MART! :) I do think I'm addicted, but I'm not too bad - I don't go everyday but if I do go into town, I make sure I stop there. :rolleyes:

Edited by Erin (see edit history)

I like walmart. They have a nice selection of everything, so they're a good place to visit when you're looking for an item that most stores don't carry. The only downside is that the closest walmart is like 40 miles away, so I only go there about 3-5 times a year... so to answer the question, no I don't have an addiction to walmart, but I acknowledge that it's a good store and if there was one close by, I might have an addiction.

I like walmart, although the prices seem to be getting higher and higher. But still a good place. I perfer Hastings though. Big on anime, games, movies, and books ;)But I do like the book section in some wal-marts. They often have good books for decent prices.

Walmart is trying to buy into our country, but they're being halted at every step. I personally dislike Walmart for trying to eat up all those innocent small businesses, but I guess, in the US it would be a different story, with Walmart being the biggest shopping centre giant in the world. When Walmart arrives in Australia, which it no-doubt will, eventually, most people will be boycotting the giant, largely because they believe that small businesses deserve the chance. And I think I might, too, unless it has super high quality goods for a super-low price. I remember a few years ago, when Walmart tried to eat its way into Europe, but got halted, especially in Germany, by the German supermarket operater Aldi. I've been to a few Aldi stores and they have extremely high quality goods for a low price. If Walmart wants to succeed in Australia, where people are more loyal to small businesses, it must learn from Aldi's success. It must buy produce from local farmers, and show its support for Australian businesses. If not, the world's largest supermarket giant will once again be halted by small companies which believe in moral values.

Well where i live, the concept of walmart is really newAs a matter of fact Walmart will be introduced here in a few months so let us see what we have in the store for us, as it sounds really promising and being a retail giant it will totally dominate everything

I live in the middle of nowhere, so Wal-Mart is quite literally the ONLY place to find certain things. Unless I want to drive more than an hour to find a real store, that is. We have grocery stores and hardware stores here, but we don't have any entertainment-related stores. As in: you can't buy CDs anywhere but Wal-Mart. The only place to find DVDs other than Wal-Mart is Blockbuster (when they're selling their used DVDs). So of course, I have to go to Wal-Mart at least once a week. My family and I do most of our grocery shopping there because the prices are lower than anywhere else, but we also pick up all sorts of other junk there too. Cleaning products, paper goods (printer paper, toilet paper, paper towels, whatever) and even some clothes (socks and things like that).Rumor has it, though, that Target is coming. I can't wait. The Wal-Mart in this area really needs some good competition. It might actually force Wal-Mart to improve their horrible customer service. (At the store here...the people greeters don't look at you. And they don't say hello, even when you smile and say it to them first. This happens a LOT - it's not just when the store's really busy or anything like that.)This particular store has HALF of ONE aisle devoted to books. The other half is devoted to magazines. That's IT for books. I don't even waste my time bothering anymore.Overall: I hate this store and will dance around in the streets when/if Target opens its doors right up the street from Wal-Mart.

I used to be, back when I lived in New York and Texas...but there really aren't any Walmarts out here in California...Target for sure though.

I work at Wal-Mart! I actually like it a lot more than I thought I would. And it was really handy at Christmas time, because I could shop for people right after work. :) Where else can you buy socks, toys, fishing equipment and groceries, then get your nails done, hair cut, and have a happy meal- all while you wait for your tires to get rotated? I know that a lot of people have trouble with new Wal-Mart opening in their communities, how it takes away from other businesses and all of that. But where I live (in the middle of Texas), there was nothing for miles around except for fields before this one opened up. Suddenly, all sorts of businesses opened around it. Restaurants, specialty stores... not to mention the fact that the store I work at employs over 300 people.

I like going to Walmart to look at the things they sale. Especially I like to take my time in the electronics department. Just look at the computers and how much they cost and the specs. Its just satisfying for me. I really want to buy some of the things but I can't afford it sometimes. Besides computers I like to look at the mp3 players and basically all the electronics and accessories. Its like a mini best buy for me or something. Although I rather perfer Fry's Electronics which I'm sure most of you haven't heard of, I think.Besides electronics there's many food choices and its nice just going to shop and you can find better prices and different brands. I feel like a woman sort of even though buying groceries nowadays shouldn't be a feminine job these days. For clothes i rather prefer the mall or some other outlet. Its a good place to go with your friends and just be retarded. Maybe even play hide and go seek. haha