xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
swanx

Stand Inside Your Love - Smashing Pumpkins

This is one of my favourite songs: "Stand Inside Your Love"You and meMeant to beImmutableImpossibleIt's destinyPure lunacyIncalculableInsufferableBut for the last timeYou're everything that I want and ask forYou're all that I'd dreamedWho wouldn't be the one you loveWho wouldn't stand inside your loveProtected and the lover ofA pure soul and beautiful youDon't understandDon't feel me nowI will breatheFor the both of usTravel the worldTraverse the skiesYour home is hereWithin my heartAnd for the first timeI feel as though I am rebornIn my mindRecast as child and mystic sageWho wouldn't be the one you loveWho wouldn't stand inside your loveAnd for the first timeI'm telling you how much I need and bleed forYour every move and waking soundIn my timeI'll wrap my wire around your heart and your mindYou're mine forever nowWho wouldn't be the one you love and live forWho wouldn't stand inside your love and die forWho wouldn't be the one you love

Stand Inside Your Love...mwahaha. That was my song for my girlfriend a few years back...We ended up breaking up because she cheated on me, haha. It is definately an awesome song though, no question. The lyrics are very thoughtful, and the music itself is very fitting. I can't say I get the best of memories when I hear it, but regardless, it is a wonderful piece of music...The Smashing Pumpkins ought to get back together, no? I would've liked to see them in concert, or at least their farewell concert, which was supposedly an experience to remember. Goddammit, I can dream :rolleyes:

Man this is one of my favorite songs. The lyrics are beautiful, genius in fact. You know how people say that our parents generation had Led Zeppelin well I'm proud to say that we had the Smashing Pumpkins. Billy Corgan knew how to write epic songs that to me are timeless yet capture how I felt when I was growing up. Kudos to the Pumpkins for their life-altering/awakening music! :rolleyes: