xisto Community
michaleq

Freeware Entity-relationship Diagram Software... ...im looking for one

Has anyone know/found or even is using some sort of a Entity-Relationship Diagram building software? I don't even need advanced things, just that i could design diagrams of my database, and maybe print them later (but even that isn't needed since i can always print the screen...).And i need on that is separate from the database system, cause i use multiple systems: MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle... Support for parsing and generating SQL would be nice, but still - i don't need much :(So?

I just asked a database question, and this question is similar but it has no answer, so I'm going to answer it even though it's over a year old...DBVisualizer is an excellent free tool for this. You can view your tables, data, execute queries, and more. It was also able to draw my database schema (entity relationship diagram) with no problems. I think it can connect to many different types of databases. You just have to find the right driver for the particular database you want to connect to. For oracle I had good luck using the 'thin' drivers.If you want to go corporate then I hear ERWin is one of the industry leaders, but their package costs a few thousand bucks.

Try Windev I used it before .. it's realy easy and fast .. even if you are not a programmer nor designer you'll like it

I am not sure exactly what you are referring to. But if you are talking about class, activity, use-case diagrams, I have the tool you need. Back in my studying days, we always use this tool because it is free, and it can accurately draw out these diagrams. Very crucial to designing system solutions. The best part about this software that it is free.

http://staruml.io/

The interface look a little like Visual Studio though.

Edited by darran (see edit history)

ERdiagram

Freeware Entity-relationship Diagram Software...

What is entities relationship diagram discuse in detail.

-reply by avinash singh

The best diagrammer for me is the one I use and it's free and very convenient, with it it seems you can draw almost anything:http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ programmed in Java and is very easy to use, with the properties you can almost do anything, as I need to draw lots of diagrammers, it's the best I found for free.For database diagramming and exporting it to sql for different DB systems I use Powerdesigner at my workplace, it costs a lot, but it's really good for drawing data models which you can transform to physical.

Pl make the entity relationship.Draw entity relationship diagram for the following scenario.A university has many departments whereas each department belongs to that particular uni. That uni has also many buildings whereas each building belongs to that particular uni . The uni has also many employees whereas each employee belongs to that particular uni. Every employee has only one parking space whereas each parking space belongs to only one employee.Department offers many study programs whereas each program by only a single department.Faisal_ansari63@yahoo.com

Toad is also a nice tool for this purpose. Look for the Version 9. something and you can easily get the serial no on the web.

Hello friends,I would like to say, among the five data models being used in database designing, the relational model is probably the most commonly-used by database designers. A relational data model is basically a record-based model where data and relationships are represented by a collection of tables consisting of columns and rows. ERD or the Entity-Relationship Diagram is the method used in the modeling. The data programming language for database models in Microsoft sql client vary from those found in other platforms like Oracle, Model-Right Inc. provides database modeling software for developing complex or simple data modeling for SQL server, MySQL, Oracle and PostgreSql environments. You will find our relational data analysis tools best of breed in comparable database design software available today.Best regardsVicky