xisto Community
gameratheart

Newbie Sig Making Challenge New to sig making? Test your skills here

Deadline has been reached - no more entries are being accepted! Please go to the voting topic at: http://forums.xisto.com/topic/43680-gamerathearts-newbie-sig-making-challenge-voting-vote-for-your-favourite-here/

I know a lot of you out there are fairly new to the concept of sig making. Maybe you don't actually want to make a sig yet because you don't feel it would be good enough. This contest is for people like you.

I'm inviting every newbie sig maker into a free-for-all Sig Battle! You must make the best sig you can come up with, and then we'll vote to see who's best! So if you're new, like I am, and want to test your skills, this is the perfect opportunity.

Rules:

The sig can be of any theme you like.

Max size is 468x60

You can use any render you like if you wish to use one.

Animation is optional.

If you have been in at least one other sig battle before this one, you will not be considered "new" and will be disqualified.

Your entries MUST have your name visibly placed on them.

I will be allowing entries for exactly one week. The voting topic will be started Friday 8th December and any entries recieved after then will not be counted!

There must be at least two entries to this battle, NOT INCLUDING myself. If there aren't, I will extend the entry period until we have enough.

No copying other people.

Let's have a good battle and I hope I bring out the creative side in all of us!

Here is my entry which I'll be using as my sig after the battle is over:

Posted Image

Edited by gameratheart (see edit history)

Bkag, I'm happy to accept you into the competition as you have not battled before. Please submit a sig as soon as you get the chance, remembering the size limit.

I have not battled but have created ~10 sigs over a period spanning about a year (I feel I'm better at other digital artwork). However, I will submit my best:

Posted Image

I was very hard to try and do a decent sig in the minuscule 60px height limit, and even then it's not that good; I could make a much better one with a 150px limit.

You don't have to appologise to me. I did make the restrictions a bit too low. I was looking at an advertising banner for Xisto at the time and I thought it was sensible to make the max limit the size of the banner. But your entry is valid so you have nothing to worry about. And I quite like it too.

Lol, I made a really good one using a warrior render, castle and some cool lighting but then :rolleyes: i remembered &$&£ there is a limit on size

Once i remembered that i had to find a thin long render, what better than a car :) so here is mine (one of my worst sigs, hard to work with that size :rolleyes: )

Posted Image

Sorry for the size limit throwing you off a bit, Bkag. I'll try to think before I set limits next time.Your entry is valid and will be used for the competition. We now have enough participants, so the voting will start on Friday. If anyone else wants to join, please submit your signatures before then.

Sorry to everyone who hasn't enetered yet, but as it's Friday, entries are now closed. I am making the voting topic just now, so if someone can lock this topic, it'd be much appreciated.