xisto Community
lewisM

Your Views On Drugs

Well, topic says it all.I'll let a few pople post there views before i throw up mine, purely because i think it will make the debate a lot more interesting. + i'm late for meeting people :)Any ways, post away

I know quite a bit of people that do drugs, but they dont go asking everyone to do this or smoke this etc. like everyone says they do. But i would never do drugs cause they are bad for you and stuff. For the people i know that do drugs i dont really care, it doesnt bother me cause they are cool about it, like i said they dont tell me to do this or whatever. So in short it doesnt bother me but i wont do them.

First off what kind of drugs? If your talking about anti-depression drugs that help with depression, that Tom Cruise is against, then I think they are fine for people to use because they do help people. Now, If your talking about drugs that hurt you like marijuana, cocaine, meth, heroin, then no they are not okay because they are pointless to use. They hurt the body, spirt and mind. Why would somebody try drugs? Sure they it may be "fun" to get high, but at what cost? Now, medical marijuana is fine by me because it can actually help people that are terminally ill. Most people think marijuan is harmless when it is not. Sure, Marijuana may not be addiciting, but the same brain effects that herioin and cocaine cause are present in the brain of the marijuana user. People who use marijuana have a better chance of getting a heart attack and are more prone to memory loss and slurred speach. That's my say on drugs!

My views are similar to above in that they are bad for you etc and can be bad for society. But i live in an area where drugs are fairly common, the guy next door is a stoner but it doesn't bother me. To be honest as long as the person isn't stealing/mugging etc.. to get the money to buy drugs and isn't killing/fighting etc while high or in relation to drugs then wheres the harm? the only problems come when people are desperate for the money to get drugs and they aren't being destructive while high and arent forcing drugs on other people and leaving needles around etc... then theres not a problem. Smoking it in the street is only marginally worse than smoking ordinary cigarettes in the street, both are addictive and destructive and stink.

To be honest as long as the person isn't stealing/mugging etc.. to get the money to buy drugs and isn't killing/fighting etc while high or in relation to drugs then wheres the harm?

Where's the harm. You saying there is no harm for somebody to do ILLEGAL drugs in their home is saying to everybody that it is okay for people to do drugs! If I knowingly knew my neighbor did drugs I would try and get this person help because he is a prime example of somebody destroying society. How you say? He is showing to other people, especially teens, that drugs are okay, as long as you are indoors and in an isolete place. Older Adults need to be good role models to teens, otherwise they will assume that doing drugs is okay!

Excelent, so with those posts put down, time to spark up the debate :rolleyes:I am whole heartedly for drugs. Me and the group i go out with were talking about it today, there hasnt been a weekend in about 3 months where we havnt either got drunk, done drugs or both.But, dont take me for an addict. I dont crave drugs i just enjoy them. i dont NEED them, i just like the feeling they give. Its kind of hard to explain, i think recreational use pretty much sums me up.Now, why do i agree with drugs?Well i would say the main reason is, contrary to popular belief, trying something once or twice wont kill you. Yes i know there is a very small percentage of people that get completely hooked / OD / screw up completely on there first try, but it is a very small percentage."why take the risk?" is s pretty much pointless argument, you take risks every time you walk past someone smoking, cross a main road, leave the house. Admitedly these are higher risks, but no more than getting drunk, in fact probably less.Please bear in mind that when i say all this, i am talking about softcore drugs, (dope, salvia, ecstacy etc) if you are stupid enough to go and skag up then you deserve everything you get.i'm typing this as thoughts come to my mind, so you'll have to put up with it being a bit disordly :)But yea, people say "why do [drug]?"bottom line - its fun.the feeling of being so stoned you can barely move and yet are laughing so hard at nothing.The feeling of being completely unstopable and the happyness that E gives. People say "oh thats pretty sad that you need E to make you happy" but seriosly, once you've felt the happy i get off it you would understand.So yea, "you're damaging your health!"yea i probably am, but smoking a few J's once a week f*cks me up less than getting completely wasted at parties and what not, so i think i'll survive.to the post above - why? the guy is causing no trouble in his own home, he isnt going out starting fights, he is just quietly stoning in his own home :rolleyes:One last thing - dont take this post as me saying weed doesnt hurt you, it definately does. But, it is better for you than tobaco and doesnt dmg the body as much as binge drinking.It is however, a gateway drug. What i mean by that is you will do it saying you'll never do any other drugs at all but somehow it will lead you onto other *BLEEP*.

Something about the way you wrote this made me think you liked using drugs. I'm not saying drugs are bad AT ALL, but I am not going to use them. If people arent harming others by using them, I don't see a problem with them using them. Like many other people, I know at least one person that uses drugs on a regular basis, and they to are cool about it and dont try to get me to smoke pot with them. They respect my views and I respect theirs. I think alcohol is a different story. I sometimes drink at parties, and yes I am underage. I don't abuse it however, I've never passed out and have never hurt anyone else by me drinking it, and I am not addicted. I have never driven a car (and don't plan to ever) under the influence. My shrink says as long as we don't drive or hurt others while we are drunk, there isn't a problem with it. I stand strongly behind his words. Does anyone else agree with me?

Wow... You amaze me. Your exactly the reason teens still do drugs. I don't care what you say. You do drugs, it only pushes others. A very small chance? I GAURANTEE 9 out of 10 people who "try" marijuana become hooked, practically for life. People are killed because of these drugs. Not only the people who DO them, but many others also. Bottom line: They hurt you. They hurt others. Why do it at all? "Fun"? Like crap. Just an excuse to get away from real life. Get a hobby. Try an extreme sport. You'll get way more enjoyment that LASTS out of something real. Drugs - are fake. Skydiving - is not. It's real enjoyment. Real fun. And your not constantly hurting your body, either. I personally think that anyone who uses any of those drugs deserves to be killed by them. Drugs are practically the scum of the earth.Alcohol causes hundreds of deaths a *day*. When your drunk, you lose the privelage to make your own decisions. Just because you swear now you will never drive drunk doesn't mean you will when you ARE drunk. It's amazingly easy to get talked into doing something you don't want to.Finishing words: Lewis, you may be surprised just how addicted you are. And how easy it is to become addicted. Drugs kill people. Alcohol kills people. Tobacco kills people. Each MORE than nearly ANY other natural disease ON THIS PLANET.

I am always amazed by the law, that you can smoke cigarettes, become addicted, get cancer and then expect the NHS to look after you. Not only that but you harm the others around you, and their lives shouldn't be in the hands of others. The various illegal drugs are the same: people take them, get addicted, their immune system is destroyed, they expect the NHS to look after them.

the guy is causing no trouble in his own home, he isnt going out starting fights, he is just quietly stoning in his own home

Wrong. A vast proportion of people who do drugs use crime to fund their habit. Someone breaking and entering, stealing your property and running off is not "quietly stoning in his own home". If we were allowed guns to defend our homes here then we would lose a lot of drug addicts very quickly.

Older Adults need to be good role models to teens, otherwise they will assume that doing drugs is okay!

Older adults smoke and drink, which is legal, and still sets a very bad example to the youth population. Plus, it is not just teens who take drugs. Gradually more middle-class and upper-class people are taking drugs within their own home, and setting an example not just to kids but to other adults too.

I used to smoke Canabis and sell a bit now and then, but I got a police caution. "Possesion Of Canabis With Intent To Supply". I won't go in to it now, 'cos I'm gonna write a topic on it soon. Basically, 5 hours in a cold cell, a suspension from school and a hell of a wake-up call in life... Don't do it. Edited by keri-j (see edit history)

to lewisM..

The way you talk about drugs is the most common talk of all drug addicts. You said

But, dont take me for an addict. I dont crave drugs i just enjoy them. i dont NEED them, i just like the feeling they give. Its kind of hard to explain, i think recreational use pretty much sums me up.

That feeling that drug gives you isn't fake, it is real. Yes you can snort coke and feel like a king, or you can smoke weed and get high, nobody can say it is fake beacouse it isn't it is really real!!

But why is it like that? Why do you need some sort of drug to feel that way?!

I'll tell you the answer-- you don't know any other way-- and belive me there are plenty other ways to feel the same as on coke- Like sharn said try extreme sports beacouse the high you get when your body pumps adrenalin is even more than on drugs. Why? Again like sharn said beacouse it is more REAL!!

If you think that this life isn't good enough for you, and that you can't find your "place" in it then you go trying some drugs that make you feel other way. They make you feel important, brilliant. Drugs are chemistry, and our body is capable of making same effects like drugs do if you know how to do it. You just need to find a proper way.

If you are using drugs for some time, you will sink to bottom beacouse you'll probably end up feelling like most "addicts" do. You will start hating society couse of it ways, you will think laws are crazy and make no sense to you couse you know it better!

Well do you?!

If you are using drugs like you said just for fun, remember the feeling that you had on any of those drugs and try to find it in life without it. When you do, you will see that drugs are just a pathway to those lost in time and space that can either help you to become a better person, or destroy you to the bottom.

You made some really good points there, matak. I really like the law one. I had never thought of that. First you start thinking "Dude, drugs are ok, that law is gay and not right." Then you get high and start "thinking" and figure out all laws must be not right. So you go out, rob a house, kill a person and steal their car.Then you get home, finally get out of your trance, sell it all on ebay, and now you can buy more drugs! Great idea, isn't it?Anywho. I meant not real in that.... you don't get them from doing something real. They're there, but... so? What did you do to deserve to feel "good". Then what will you do to deserve to feel like crap afterwards?When you do something real, it lasts. There are things you could do once a month and still have the time of your life every time. Drugs last less than a day. And every time you do them, your body builds up against them. You have to use more and more, to get the same feeling. Eventually you just plain can't get the feeling. It's just not there anymore. You can't even get the feeling when you actually do something that should cause it. You become immune to feel-good hormones, because your body gets so much of them. You are now basically empty.You already sound like an addict. "I'm not hooked, I just do it occasionally." Pfft. Right. I'm sure.... And you might be careful admitting it on the internet. If I got your IP, I could run a whois and know exactly where you live, your ISP, and possibly your name. Well, there's my third and fourth cents.

Edited by Sharn (see edit history)

"I'm not hooked, I just do it occasionally." And sooner than you think, you will be doing them at shorter intervals. Un-checked, you won't go a day without them. But it is just recreational, right?Just say NO! Drugs are for losers. Get High, naturally. Climb a mountain.Develop a new Hobby as suggested. Take up a Sport. Make new friends that don't expose you to Drugs.

And you might be careful admitting it on the internet. If I got your IP, I could run a whois and know exactly where you live, your ISP, and possibly your name.

fair enough, I didnt think people on this board would do that though :/

and as for doing an extreme sport, i do, i am an avid BMX'er, mainly street or vert skating. And yes, you are completely right, the buzz you get from dropping into a 12 foot high pipe is much better than any drug i have ever tried.
But i dont do drugs to get "the happy feeling", sure i've tried a few and the feeling of happiness is pretty awsome, but those arnt really what i would choose to do.
I'm a big fan of halutionagenics, i doubt thats how you spell it but its close enough :)
and to the person who was saying about how your body can create the feelings you get from drugs naturaly - if there is a way to make you halutionate naturaly, please do share it, I would definately be interested :)

Also the thing about going out and robbing someones house while under the influence, yes, that does happen. But not for weed. Dope is dirt cheap, people dont rob houses for it, or mug people, or anything like that. People steal to pay for harder drugs like heroin + cocaine and if you read my first post, i believe it was something like "people who choose to do those drugs deserve everything they get".

Also, weed is nothing like alcahol, not in the slightest. People are saying "oh you'll go out and rob a house wile your stoned", no you wont, at all. With alcahol you can be persuaded to do things really easily, being stoned is nothing like that. You still have a clear concept of what is right and wrong and generely when your baked you dont really want to move, let alone break into someones house :rolleyes:

I wouldnt say i am addicted (although if i was i guess i would be biased heh), i do drugs maybe once a fortnight and i quite often turn them down And given the choice would rather get drunk than stoned any day. I still enjoy life, i still love the rush i get from BMX'ing and do a lot of walking, so am pretty healthy.
Lots of people do soft drugs when they are yuong and turn out fine, in fact quite a few do. There are of course the ones that feel stupid enough to try harder stuff, and well, more fool them.

Oh, and dont for a second think that i am saying you should all go out and do drugs, not at all. I respect that people have different views and am fine with that, i just dont want you all getting the wrong idea about me :rolleyes:

Wow, this picked up interest, always good to hear people views, fire away :D