xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Matrixdudej

Help With Editing My Homepage - Newbie

Use a text editor to modify your page. You will have to know some HTML to do that. Check Tutorials here on the Trap and w3schools.com for more information.To add a Forum, download the software and install it according the readme file or other instructions for the specific Forum package.Any questions, post back here and someone will guide you further.

Also, im not sure if its in the tutorials, but if you want a page to be displayed first (You do!), it must be called either "index.htm", "index.php", "index.html", "index.xml".... you get the idea! If you dont include a page called this when you visit your site you will see a list of files instead of a specific page.

Try the tutorials jlhaslip suggested (use google!) and if you find you dont like that format you can try http://www.tizag.com/beginnerT/ they also have a lot of tutorials and that one HTML. i find w3schools can be hard to understand, even though they do teach strict and propper code i find tizag to be easier to understand.

Tell me what you want on it, I will help you. If you want anything like graphic designs, I can't do that, Don't turn my offer down if you want a site exactly the way you want it to be, but the only things I can't do is memberships, but credit cards I'm sure I can look up. For buying stuff, or selling stuff, It's not that hard, so I can help you with anything almost.

Go into your "cpanel" click "File Manager" and you can change your site by changing the files in the "public_html" files directory.

Tell me what you want on it, I will help you. If you want anything like graphic designs, I can't do that, Don't turn my offer down if you want a site exactly the way you want it to be, but the only things I can't do is memberships, but credit cards I'm sure I can look up. For buying stuff, or selling stuff, It's not that hard, so I can help you with anything almost.

well thanks for the offer but now it says my page isnt coming up im editing it some now but it shows it not a existing website can anyone explain this?

A Moderator added some quote tags around a list of items in the Neopets posting. That would delete some credits from the total.I can't get to that site either. Is there a possibility that the account was set up under another sub-domain other than the one you are using? Maybe a typing error or something?Xisto.net accounts are freely available, so try to add another account using a different name for the sub-domain.In future, please post the Xisto.net questions in the appropriate Forum. We get confused if they are scattered all over the place. Thanks.

o sorry i didnt know there was a Xisto.net forum seperately divided but to answer your question no not typo i was on site a day ago but not there anymoreedit:but the ftp server they sent my email is still up...where i edit my forum however my forum itself isnt up

Edited by Matrixdudej (see edit history)

try to add it again, then. And report back here with the results.Can you get to the xpanel for the account?

Well if you login to your cpanel and find the Fantastico Icon, there are so many scripts you can easily install to for your site. Find one with a forum function and config it how you like! Its that easy. If you need any assistance in installing or any other problems you may encounter, either me or post a topic on Xisto.Edit: Didn't see he was hosted by Xisto.net, but for those who are, use Fantastico for those excellent scripts.

Edited by squeaky (see edit history)