xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
alexviii

Why The Pope Shouldn't Visit Turkey? To all turkishs

hi everyones, I have a simple question.. This morning I have listened in the news that a lot of people ("a lot" according to the journalist) have manifested 'cause they don't want the Pope to be in Turkey. My question is why?? I don't like Putin, but if he waht to came here officialy, I whould be happy because it is a wahy to confront... So why they don't whant the Pope in Turkey? Are the afraid as muslemins of the effect of the Holy Spirit??? They don't beleve in that fo for sure not... so why? Is it an issue of racism? I don't think so.. 10x to all bye

Hi Alex,

The people you heard about, protesting about, and not wanting the Pope's arrival, are Muslim extremists and Turkish nationalists, unfortunately a rising force in Turkey (always according to the Press and personal Turkish acquaintances I have, as I havent actually been there myself to check it out :)).

These are preparing and instigating massive Muslim riots (see for example http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) because of various agendas with the Pope.

Firstly the Pope is going to Constantinople to meet with the Istanbul based spiritual head of the Orthodox Cristians (numbering 250 approximately), and this is an issue that many Turkish Islamists view with disdain, and even suspicion. The meeting of two christian leaders even sounds a bit threatening to some. As writer Mustafa Akyol puts it: "It's a kind of preemptive intolerance: Don't let it flourish because it might take over. Everyone is afraid of something." (see http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/).

Secondly, don't forget the Pope's infamous remark about Muslims some months ago, attributing the spread of Islam to war and blood spilling (see for that http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/) that outraged a lot of them. This is a very strong reason that many people over there don't want him to visit Turkey, as they consider that he has insulted them.

This may sound of course crazy to you, but for these people its a very important issue. And judging from the fact that a priest was killed in Turkey some time ago in protest to the pope's remark, they must be very, very unhappy.

Hope that was helpful.

The Pope made a mistake, by saying unbelievable things about Islam. So the Muslims rioted, that is their right. But they don't have the right to kill a priest that did nothing wrong. I think the pope must be welcomed in Turkey because he wanted to apologize, and make a clear point about what he said. But if Turkish people don't want the Pope to come, than that's the way it should be. It is their decision to make.

Of course.Plus, his security could be compromised if he does go to Turkey with all these people NOT wanting him there. A person has already been killed because of that statement and even if it is considered a bit extreme, this might well be the case for the Pope as all these extremist groups will be there to boo and shorten his welcome.The Turkish state should be extremely wary and careful during his visit to Turkey though (if he DOES go there despite all warnings); should any incident occur, because of the Pope's huge symbolic status, turmoil might ensue, and the Western image of Turkey would deteriorate rapidly.

Hi everyones

The Pope made a mistake, by saying unbelievable things about Islam.

Sorry?!?!?!?!?!??

what you says??????? "unbelievable"??????????????????

The Pope says (in the context of God conception and Rational way to thinks in the history), that the "Idea" of God cannot agree with "Violence".

I remember you that the Pope is the Cristian Leader, and when he talk about God, in a congress in a christian University, He is talking about Christian Idea of God!!!

So he was talking about someting very very "believable" for Christians!!

Ho care about what muslemin believes??? His were talking about his own idea. And I think he is free to tell his idea even if it is against muslemin idea.

10x

Alexvii not trying to be rude, but it seems that this post is turning into another one of your religous debates again! Anyway my look into is that the Pope had no right to offend muslims, but muslims have no right to riot so bad has been done on both sides.

Ho care about what muslemin believes??? His were talking about his own idea. And I think he is free to tell his idea even if it is against muslemin idea.

Yes he is free to tell his own idea, but not in the expense on someone else's religion and belief. He should have never said what he said about Islam and none of this would have occured.
Edited by coolduck123456 (see edit history)

Alex, like coolduck said above me, if the pope hadn't said what he said, he wouldn't be hates. I would think if someone made a bad remark about your beliefs, right in front of u, u'd be offended...The Pope's words upset many Muslims. I dont blame them for being angry and ticked off, but they don't need 2 do something extreme, as to kill him or any sort of violence...Also, it may have been his idea, but he shouldn't have said that in a public speech...He, as the pope, should have known it would upset many.Also, Putin is entirely different...he's a Russian president and is in the subject of the assasination of a former KGB in london, not insulting any1's religion...@ johnsmithI dont think he should be so worried about his security...At his age, death can come at any time. The ones who should be worried are mainly the Turkish government, and the reason would be what you said before on the Turkish state...

Well... even old people are afraid to die mojoman! :lol:The pope being assassinated was, and is, a highly unlikely issue... yet there has been an attempt in the past, thats why i even considered such a thing.