xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Matrixdudej

C Or C++ Tutorial

does anyone know where i can get a FREE tutorial on learning c/c++?

yes ofcourse you can get these turorials in google search ...it is available for free of cost..you can download it in the formalt you wish to like for example you can take the complete tutorial of c++ in a pdf format and you can have it .. just in google search type cc++ tutorial as your key word.

http://www.edm2.com/0507/introcpp1.html

That's a quick tutorial on basic C++, after that look into more resources... After that learn how the windows API works (google windows API) and learn directdraw or the SGI API for 2d graphics..... if your into "gaming" or programming for games thats a great place to start, if you look for forums on those and ask questions i'm sure they'd point you to the right direction. Remember c++ and C are a large undertaking, so take it slow, learn things and review them. Theres obvious reasons why courses can be dedicated to them. But the rewards are amazing!

You can seach it by using your favourite search engine.It is also good if you buy/borrow some books as I find it more understandable.I recommend reading "Learning C++ in 21 days". In a month or so, you will understand the concept behind C++.

I don't trust those learn in 21 days books of course I never read one :). Also the for dummies books could help out in want to learn about c and c++.

But for tutorial websites I always recommend this site

pixel2life.com They got a good index of tutorials that will help in the basic concepts of c c++.

I found Thinking in C++ very useful, although I hate reading tutorials, I still managed to get the gist of C++. Don't be put off by the length.

EDIT:
I don't understand how you can realistically learn a language to a reasonable quality within 21 days. In my opinion, a year sounds more realistic. Having said that, I haven't ever stayed programing in a language for anything longer than 6 months.

Edited by Yacoby (see edit history)

I've never been albe to grasp C++. I think soon I will have another go at it. It is just really hard to learn and there is just so much to write in it, although I guess it does give you more options in what you can do with your software.

Learning C++ in 21 days is a big ask. Instead of searching I would refer you to buy a book like Robert Lafore's Programming in C++ and learn it. It is written for people who don't know any thing about programming.

I have also gone through one site made by my friend. click here

Edited by bhavesh (see edit history)

does anyone know where i can get a FREE tutorial on learning c/c++?

learning online?
I think you should buy some books, a CD C C++ to install, then you can teach yourself at home!

If you don't teach yourself, can fine a teacher .

learn online inconvenient! I have ever learned online but I didn't understand many program on it.

learning online?
I think you should buy some books, a CD C C++ to install, then you can teach yourself at home!

If you don't teach yourself, can fine a teacher .

learn online inconvenient! I have ever learned online but I didn't understand many program on it.

I think learning online is the future of education and in fact I have learned many thing online so to say. And I know many other people who did the same or are doing the same.

It is convenient as you have everything under your nose and you can reach any resource whatever you need in just few minutes so to say. In today's world it would be really stupid to pay someone to educate you in such thing like to learn programming or just the basics of programming languge. Other thing is when you are about to reach a bit further and start learning advanced techniques of algorithms and such things and check with the experience of experienced programmers.

And if you have problems with understnading some of the online tutorials community here at the Xisto will certainly be glad to help you and if you still have problems then maybe think about changing profesion:)