xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rap_Speedy

Futurama Or The Simpsons what do you choose

both are made by the same people but which one is better... what do you like more :the 5 seasons of FuturamaORthe 18 seasons of The Simpsonsi really like futurama and the simpsons, but i find the simsons a little boring and not exciting as futurama :)

I like the simpsons better too mainly because of the situations they get into and the fact that its not so repetitive, like in futurama its almost always they need to go somewhere to save someone/something and that other space commander dude comes in and tries to win but doesnt in the end anyway. And i like the simpsons phrases like "doh" and "why you little..." and homer is just the greatest!

The Simpsons are my favorite by far. I haven't seen much of Futurama, but it can't be as good as the Simpsons. Every episode guarantees a laugh and you can just jump into an episode, the don't follow a storyline or anything. It's a classic, how can anyone not like it?

Edited by husker (see edit history)

Well, it seems that theres a topic on this on every forum I visit, and what do you mean 5 seasons? There is only 4 i have all the DVD's and theres only 4 seasons. Ah a quick Tv.com search gives me the answer i needed, it would seem that some of each season was on a previous season's last DVD disc. Confused? As am I, you see each disc has around 6 episodes, so the last disc of season 1 is actually the beggining of season 2 and so on, this is why the alleged season 5 episodes are all on my season 4 discs, so if anyone asks that question theres your answer.The Simpsons have ran for too long and im glad that they are going to stop it after the movie, i prefer Futurama alot more. Most of the Simpsons episodes are basically what has happened before, or alot of clip shows. Futurama never ran for more than 4 seasons so many people never got over it, thats also the reason they are going to make another season or two. Because of all the loyal fans going out and buying the DVDs or signing the many petitions. Futurama is way better than the Simpsons as the show doesn't go for cheap laughs like the Simpsons, big deal if Homers stupid and runs into things its funny the first couple of times, but don't over do it.

I'll have to go with The Simpsons. :)I like Futurama but I don't find myself laughing as much while watching it as I do The Simpsons. Plus, I basically grew up with Homer & the Gang so there is a lot of sentiment with that show. :rolleyes: Cannot wait for the movie! :)And speaking of The Simpsons - it's on my TV right now! LMAO :rolleyes:

I think the question you asked has already answered the answers that you will get. You compared a show that has been around for over 18 seasons (pretty much a legend if you are talking about other running shows, especially if you do not know that The Simpson's, the show that has been around 18 years, is also a cartoon), to a show that had only been around for five years before saying good bye to its beloved audience, in this case futurama who I think got canceled after five measly seasons and now can be seen on Adult Swim at night on cartoon network, while The Simpson's has a movie coming out and is still making new episodes that appear pretty much everyday on your local networks. So really there is no comparison at all. Even though The Simpson's, in my perspective, has lost the humor that had once surrounded the series in the early days, it still remains a very entertaining show. And, Futurama did not seem as entertaining and as fresh as The Simpson's and will never be in my perspective!

Definitely, the simpsons! They've been around for years and I think they've made their mark in the cartoons industry. They're just simply lovable! They're funy even if they're not supposed to be fuuny. Homer just doesnt ran out of reasons to be funny. I've always watched Simpsons when i was a kid, but now I realized, it's not such a good idea to let little kids watch Simpsons, unless you want them to grow up brutal Hehehe...but really, they're the greatest :P)

I prefer watching The Simpsons, although Futurama is also as hilarious as The Simpsons. It's maybe because I prefer watching characters with yellow skin :P I love Homer Simpsons and I love one of his sayings. "You tried, but you failed. So the lesson is, never try!"

Personally..... after the 18 season the Simpsons gets kind of boring because they've done everything physically possible that can be funny. Although I still do like them. Futurama is a great show but its not really able to compare with a show 13 seasons older then it..... Even if it is made by the same people they have to try and not do stuff they did on the Simpsons which is sort of hard. =)

The Simpsons are less and less funny every season. To me, anyway. I'm not the only one who feels that way, but there are plenty of Simpsons fans who think that it's getting better and better. I don't even watch them anymore even though I grew up with the show and was a huge fan when I was a kid and teenager.Futurama...well, if it hadn't been canceled, it probably would have started the same, slow decline. But all of the episodes are hilarious. I love that show and catch it almost every night on Adult Swim even though I've seen 'em all at least three times.I would so get a Bender tattoo if I could afford it :lol:

Well i really enjoy watching futurma right now and would watch it over the simpsons if it came to that choice. Although i do admire the simpsons alot. A few years ago it was pretty much a one of a kind and i watched it all the time as a kid. So really i cant give up liking the simpsons but futurma is more up to date to what people are finding funny today and can make an impact. If i really had i choice i would choose neither and put on some family guy because thats the funniest show on earth right now.