xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
semeticsister

Harry Potter, Best Book Ever!

wow, semeticsister, welcome back to Xisto! you might have been here for longer than i have, but i haven't seen you here for months! i remember reading your posts about Harry Potter, because if you cant tell by the ScreenName, i'm a big fan to but that's off topic.Yes harry potter is awsome!! and there is allot of action and i cannot wait for book7 to come out whenever that may be!!But the 5th movie is coming out in July and i cannot wait!!Welcome back!

No surprise Albus has already posted here. :) I've never gotten into the books and haven't tried either, because they just seem so long. It would take me a long time to sit down and read 700 pages of a book when I can sit back and watch a 2-3 hour movie. So, I just watch the movies, although I hear they leave a lot out.

No surprise Albus has already posted here. :) I've never gotten into the books and haven't tried either, because they just seem so long. It would take me a long time to sit down and read 700 pages of a book when I can sit back and watch a 2-3 hour movie. So, I just watch the movies, although I hear they leave a lot out.

You COULD watch the movies, but the books have allot more thrilling details in them, and have allot more important scenes that Warner Brothers leave out

@700 pages, nonense, what you do, it take a vacation, and that vacation is the week before the next book comes out, and on the way home you have nothing to do, so you read.... atleast, that is what happened in my case for the most recent book. and i finished it in a 14 hour drive home :rolleyes:

Wow, i can't believe this stupid post has garnered so much attention! The only reason I posted here was to see if I could put a huge nonsense post, then edit it into a little one, but still get the credits for the big post. Haha, needless to say, it didn't work.Anyway, I gave up on Xisto a while ago, since I just didn't feel like rotting in front of my computer trying to get credits. So, I just decided to go with Xisto - Web Hosting.Plus, anything worthwhile I had to say was considered "racy" by the mods and I got warned a bunch, so I was like "screw you guys, I'm goin home!"

Edited by semeticsister (see edit history)

Well, back in the day around 5th grade or so whenever the books started coming out I actually read the first one, part of the second one, amazingly the entire third one, and a little over half of the fourth one. I am definately not a huge fan of reading at all, and to tell you the truth I actually enjoyed reading the books from time to time, the first book I read I was hooked on it and read it constantly until it was finished, same with the third one. In my life I probably havent read over 20 books, most of the books I have read were those boxcar children books because I really liked those when I was little. Even though im not a huge fan of Harry Potter like Albus Dumbledore up there I did enjoy reading the books at the time. Today, I probably wouldn't enjoy reading them, basically because I have enough patience to wait for the movie to come out.

Meh, I think the books are kind of repetitive.

I've never thought that the books were repetitive. Sure, there is always going to be facts that are repeated, but thats natural in a ongoing series. I've always like the movies, but I feel that things are changed to suit audiences, important details are left out, etc... etc... But honestly, if they made movies based exactly on the books, all the Harry Potter movies would be about 5 1/2 to 7 hours long. Who wants to sit through a movie that long. Titanic was torture enough.

I fell asleep during the first two movies, and I'm not ashamed to admit it. The movies suck the life out of the books, the talent that JK Rowling has for storytelling. Sure, the effects are nice, but it just amplifies the angst of the entire series.Ah, the angst. The girl troubles, the hormones, the anger, the sulking, the "WHY WON'T YOU TALK TO ME, HARRY?!", the shameless egotism, the unnecessary deaths. Thank you, Rowling, I get it. I'm a teen, I know what it's like. However, I'm not a whiny little boy who's curled into a ball at the slightest memory of something that went wrong. I'm not the person who everyone knows and loves for nothing. Harry doesn't even have a purpose. The books can be divided into these scenes:1) Summer - angst, hating families, OMG GINNY'S HAWT, and thoughts of Quidditch. Birthday presents.2) Getting on the Express and getting to school3) The Sorting Hat, beginning classes, notations of how no teacher has changed (except for those who are about to have their lives go drastically wrong)4) Class troubles - Malfoy fights5) GIRL TROUBLES AND QUIDDITCH - how Harry saves the day while being a bumbling pile of tard.6) There's trouble afoot! Quickly, to the WizMobile!7) Nananananananananananananananana!8) Training begins to fight the trouble9) Girl troubles pause training10) Middle of the year = Girl troubles HALT everything11) Skip, skip skip, trouble is resolved, people die without having to, the kids save the day.People make the argument that Rowling's storytelling is better than her writing. I disagree. Her writing is more entertaining to me than digesting the story. I've read all 6 books (only read the 5th one twice, and the 6th one once because they're so aeguhu), and as they get darker and darker, Harry goes a little more insane and starts to resemble one of my acquaintances who has about every mental disorder known to man. So the interesting part will be his resulting madness and how it relates to him finally saving the day, or dying because of it.As much as the progression bothers me, I don't want Harry to die because that just completely ends the series. That's it. The Boy That Lived? WRONG, guess again! It gives you no reason to read the series again, not even for enjoyment. Thanks. JK.

Harry Potter has gotten me back to reading. I've stopped reading for years, but when my aunt bought me the first harry potter book some years ago, at first i thought it was childish and boring but i tried readingthe first chapter anyway, and i couldnt put the book down after that. Ive been addicted to the book and movie evrsince.I find the book more interesting though. There's just too many limitations in the movie so nothing really beats your own imagination ;)

I have not read any Harry Potter book yet . But i have watched all the Harry Potter Movies. The last one was really superb. Especially , that Quiddich World Cup scene , was just fantastic. Really good special effects, in that movie. I think it's time for me to get a copy of Harry Potter book, and get started. The amount of hype it generates is something unbelievable , for me !!! Does it really deserve the hype surrounding it ?? Obviously, the answer would be yes , from Harry Potter fans ,.

I enjoy reading Harry Potter. Like the only book that I've ever read and been really interested in. I know a lot of criticisms come with the book but I like the book because it's enjoyable, not because it's "promoting magic." I wouldn't call it the best book ever...as far as American literature is concerned, there are many other books out there better than Harry Potter.

i like harry potter because there is so much action!

Do u like the book or the movie more? I like the movies better the books arn't interesting.. ;)
My favorite part in askaban is when Harry and everyone get's stuck on the train and the dormenters almost suck the day out of harry but, somone saves him as he get's up and recovers..
Edited by Iceblade (see edit history)