xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Yet More Help With My Websites Template

<link removed because i deleted directory, and problem resolved>

now i need help with this template :)

What i want is for the layout to be touching both the top of the browser, and the left side of the browser.

It looks fine now, but when i put the Doctype in

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/;

it adds a space between the top and side of the layout... any suggestions? or am i just going to have to deal without a doctype? lol Edited by Albus Dumbledore (see edit history)

Ive had a similar problem and i found this website: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ Which talks about the browser padding as its called and how to remove it. The code they give for HTML is:

<BODY MARGINWIDTH="0" MARGINHEIGHT="0 LEFTMARGIN="0" TOPMARGIN="0">

It definately works for their site in IE and Firefox so i assume it should work for your site too :)

ohh ok i see what i forgot haha i forgot the marginheight and marginwidth part in the thing i allready had in there :rolleyes: sweet thanks :) this can be closed now to prevent spam

i suggest using css to specify such properties of the document, as using BODY attributes might invalidate your file (not sure about this, got to check it out :) )..

in your css file:

body {margin:0;padding:0;}

Hope that`s what are you looking for
Good luck