xisto Community
darran

Login Bug Keeps asking me to input a password

I do not know if any of you have occurred this problem while trying to login to Xisto, but I did. I go through the normal login steps, entering the username and password before clicking the submit button, and expecting to be logged in into the forum. But it always brings me to the error page, prompting me to key in my password, but my password is already in the password field. Although this is a minor glitch, but it is getting kinda irritating especially since I always login using my company's computer.

Cookies must be allowed on your computer. And check the 'Log me automatically' box, too.Other than that, I have not noticed this happening to me.

Yesterday I had that same problem, I was loging in with IE6 and then I got a MySql error. Plus sometimes the credit system gets jammed, for example I have 10 credits and then wrote about 5 posts, then when I look at the credits that I have, they remain 10. And I don't know why! Also the latest topic aren't refreshing well, I get the same thing every time I login. That is only happening with IE6, so I had to use firefox. I really want to use IE6 instead.

I am using Firefox and the same problem is occuring to me, I have also taken the liberty of showing you the screenshot

Posted Image

This is the exact screen after I clicked the login button after typing my username and password. I did not enter anything into the password textbox.

I have tried both arrow#1 and arrow#2 method to log in and I had no trouble with the issue you presented.

Posted Image

Perhaps your firewall is preventing the board's cookie set with header? If you do have firewall try turning it off and repeat the process. Another thing you can try is to log in from another computer. This can isolate where the problem might come about.

I disabled my norton internet security and it did not give the error as specified in post #1. However is there a way I can do this without disabling my norton internet security as I do not want my computer to be vulnerable to any threats

Ah, so now we're getting somewhere.Try to read the manual help regarding the internet security program you have. By basic you can add a rule to accept cookies with listed sites that you ADD to your trusted internet site.If this solution does not help, modify your security setting of your firewall to accept cookies for Xisto, etc. If you set your cookie setting to be deleted immediately change this so that it can survive for 1 day, etc.The idea is to allow your internet security program to accept and trust Xisto cookies and such. When you do this you can have your security program running AND login however you'd like at the same time.