xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sprnknwn

Popomundo music career simulator

Well, I doubted where to put this... I didn?t find any better subforum than Simulation. ;) Move if necessary. I want to talk you about Popomundo (http://www.popmundo.com/), a swedish online game from the same developers of Hattrick (the football manager). You start in a city that you choose and you have to interact with people (like in Sims but in a very schematic way), find friends, love, etc, ask people to join your band or join others' projects. To progress you have to do many things, learn skills, music skills like playing your instrument, sing, dance, etc. Then you can make world tours, release records, film video clips, appear on the radio.It?s growing really fast, they?re implementing new cities constantly. They put a new city when they have a new translation, so if your country doesn?t have a city in the game, just contact with the devs, offering yourself to translate the game to your language (if necessary) and there you go. Each city have some distinctive places, like in real life, with photographs and that. But notice that it?s a plain game, a music manager with some social aspect if you want... but you don?t move a character around the world, you simply come and go by clicking on menus in a very simple way.I have to say that, although the game is oriented to music, is getting more and more complex and you can be photographer, doctor, lawyer, scientist, engineer, well lots of things. I admit that I don?t like that too much, because I joined because it was a game about building a rock star career and not to worry about every single thing that happen in the real world :wacko: At first the game looks very basic and maybe a bit silly, but you get addicted, because the first days you don?t have much things to do and there are lots of menus that overwhelm you a bit. But soon you?ll need your daily dose (it?s not necessary to dedicate more than 5-10 minutes a day). Some thing which it?s really good it?s that the rules are not completely clear. I mean, there are lots of circumstances in which you?re not sure of what will happen if you do something (there are lots of rumors in the forums, some of them true, some not) because the help section it?s a bit... open to interpretations :blink: but that mystery is alright at the end.Oh, the game is for free, but if you become a VIP member you?ll have some advantages like being able to buy locals... being a businessman, and some others.

Well, I doubted where to put this... I didn´t find any better subforum than Simulation. ;) Move if necessary.
I want to talk you about Popomundo (http://www.popmundo.com/), a swedish online game from the same developers of Hattrick (the football manager). You start in a city that you choose and you have to interact with people (like in Sims but in a very schematic way), find friends, love, etc, ask people to join your band or join others' projects. To progress you have to do many things, learn skills, music skills like playing your instrument, sing, dance, etc. Then you can make world tours, release records, film video clips, appear on the radio.

It´s growing really fast, they´re implementing new cities constantly. They put a new city when they have a new translation, so if your country doesn´t have a city in the game, just contact with the devs, offering yourself to translate the game to your language (if necessary) and there you go. Each city have some distinctive places, like in real life, with photographs and that. But notice that it´s a plain game, a music manager with some social aspect if you want... but you don´t move a character around the world, you simply come and go by clicking on menus in a very simple way.

I have to say that, although the game is oriented to music, is getting more and more complex and you can be photographer, doctor, lawyer, scientist, engineer, well lots of things. I admit that I don´t like that too much, because I joined because it was a game about building a rock star career and not to worry about every single thing that happen in the real world :wacko:

At first the game looks very basic and maybe a bit silly, but you get addicted, because the first days you don´t have much things to do and there are lots of menus that overwhelm you a bit. But soon you´ll need your daily dose (it´s not necessary to dedicate more than 5-10 minutes a day). Some thing which it´s really good it´s that the rules are not completely clear. I mean, there are lots of circumstances in which you´re not sure of what will happen if you do something (there are lots of rumors in the forums, some of them true, some not) because the help section it´s a bit... open to interpretations :blink: but that mystery is alright at the end.

Oh, the game is for free, but if you become a VIP member you´ll have some advantages like being able to buy locals... being a businessman, and some others.

I play this game from about 2 months ago. I think that is a great game, but It's very difficult to understand things like your health or skill's. But in my opinion is very funny (specially if you like music!!) to create one musician, create songs, relationships...

I wanna buy a "Popomund" shirt"!! hehe

Popomundo is a very good game. I will be playing for 100 days today. It is a great thing to look forward to and you do not have to spend hours to have that much fun. I got two of my friends into it and we have a band are already at the rank of 292. If anyone always dreamed about being a music star this is the place to go.

I used to play popo. It honestly is a great game. I love the fact that it's free too. But if you pay you can get a VIP membership. Then you can start your own business and only preform in your own club. I loved how you're able to go from city to city, while just becomming a better band. I remember getting to the top 100's before i quit. I quit the game because eventually, after a couple months, it does start to get repetetive and somewhat boring. One way that I could see someone playing for a long time is if a person got a couple of his friends together and they played together. This way they would all be responsible for the band and would even start talking about it outside of the game. This way for them it would most likely never become boring... Well never is a long time... More like they would be interested for it for a long time.Also I have two questions for anyone playing popomundo at the moment. Have they released the universities yet? And also have they released the stock market yet?

Replying to WyrobaUniversities yes, Stock Market no.I'm the CEO of one of London's top Modern Rock clubs, a VIP member, and I've been playing for 292 days. All I have to say is that the game is very fun, and addicting, and if you take the time to get used to it, it becomes very easy to navigate about the place and get things done quite easily. VIP makes it even easier, of course, with lots of handy little options to speed life up for you.However, at the play time comment, it's not necessarily only a 5-10 minute game. It can be if you want, and you can still do well, but to get the most out of it, forming relationships, learning new skills, running a club, becoming successful... Well, I can spend an hour easily on all that. ;)Anyhoo, if anyone ever reads this, my chap is called Matthew Tossell, my band is called Fertile Idiots, and I'm CEO of The Pink Polecat in London. If you mention you read this, and you're new, I'd be happy to help you out. :)-reply by Icemonkey