xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
farsiscript

Php Whois Tutorial Looking for Good tutorial

Hi to allToday i want make one php whois script , but i can not find any good tutorial about that , i know we can find many free php script @ hotscript , but i want make own whois . if you have good link of good tutorial please post here or send pm to me at forum . to help methanks to all :blink:

What exactly do you mean by a 'whois' script? What do you want it to do? Display the sign-on information from a Database or the ISP information from the client?

Er.. Don't yell at me if I'm wrong, but I dont think whois lookups use Php to find out the info... I always thought that was some more of a server based script or something...or maybe the different hosting companies send them the info?I dont know.Anybody know how alexa.com finds out traffic ratings?

Well till where i can understand the question you mean to say you want to find a domain is registered or not for a submitted domain that someone has requested .

If you dont know PHP has it inbuilt to check the DNS records.
There are many functions in PHP related to DNS and stuff like dns_get_record() function, dns_get_mx() function, and dns_check_record() function

Here is the script using dns_get_record() function:

<?php/* Request "ANY" record for php.net,   and create $authns and $addtl arrays  containing list of name servers and  any additional records which go with  them */$result = dns_get_record("php.net", DNS_ANY, $authns, $addtl);echo "Result = ";print_r($result);echo "Auth NS = ";print_r($authns);echo "Additional = ";print_r($addtl);?>

Hope this helps.
Have a good day.

Dear jlhaslip thanks for you help , but i need domain whois lookup . i want make one easy domain whois via php . i know for check .com domain i must know servers links to check domain . but i need samples to write this script.Thanks dear electron for your help about DNS records and "dns_check_record() function"thanks

Edited by farsiscript (see edit history)

Actually i just found these functions some days ago and I was so amazed that PHP also gives DNS functions and stuff like these functions.
But there are only three functions of DNS that i could find.
Two are mentioned above and the third one is dns_get_mx() function that gets the MX records of the domain.
Though let me warn you that these functions are available and work only after PHP >= 5.
Also they are not available in the windows abd BSD platforms.

If you want to use with older PHP versions or the windows abd BSD platforms you may try the PEAR Packages.
I found some four of them:
http://pear.php.net/package/File_DNS
http://pear.php.net/package/Net_DNS
http://pear.php.net/package/Net_DNSBL
http://pear.php.net/package/Services_DynDNS

Choose whichever you like. But according to your need take the second one that is the Net DNS as it connects with a DNS server.

Hope this helps.
Have a good day.

Well glad to be off-service.Hey by the way are you making some Domain Registration Stuff for your site that checks whether the domain is available or not.Let me know when it is complete if you are doing that.OR are you making a script for people to use if they want to sell domains.Post your work and do share it with us.

Dear electron i trust You and other Xisto Membersso , Thanks for you help , you are good Guy , :rolleyes: ,Yes my project is chaceks domain in 270 Domain last part like (.com , .net , .org ) its my university exam :)thanks :X

Please help to find whois of .co.in , .in etc Php Whois Tutorial
Hi Freinds,
How are you???
 I need your help..
 I am not getting any help regarding this problem.
Actually I have got a Domain whois Script, I am customizing it according to my requirements.
For this  I need the following;
But First look at them.######################################...Com=whois.Crsnic.NetNet=whois.Crsnic.NetOrg=whois.publicinterestregistry.NetInfo=whois.Afilias.NetBiz=whois.Neulevel.BizUs=whois.Nic.Usco.Uk=whois.Nic.Ukorg.Uk=whois.Nic.Ukltd.Uk=whois.Nic.UkCa=whois.Cira.CaCc=whois.Nic.CcEdu=whois.Crsnic.NetCom.Au=whois.Aunic.NetNet.Au=whois.Aunic.NetDe=whois.Denic.DeWs=whois.Worldsite.WsSc=whois2.Afilias-grs.NetMobi=whois.Dotmobiregistry.NetPro=whois.Registry.Pro##################################Just like them I want to know about the whois of the following??.In = ??.co.In = ??.Biz = ??.Info = ??.Name = ??.Tv = ??.Travel = ??Please help me to find  whois of above mentioned addresses or tell where I can find these details..?Thanks
-question by Sachin Gupta