xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Mich

Jimmie Johnson Wins 2006 Nextel Cup Second best no more

Yes, Jimmie Johnson won the 2006 Nextel Championship tonight at Homestead-Miami.

Read about it Here.

The race itself came down to a green, white, checker finish with Greg Biffle actually winning it, but Biffle's race win is overshadowed by the Championship win by Johnson.

Edited by Mich (see edit history)

Yeah Jimmie Johnson unfortunately one... Im not a big fan of him, jeff gordan, kyle busch, or kurt busch... I was hoping Dale Jr would win it but he was behind way too many points going in todays race. I would have liked to see Johnson and Kenseth wreck and Hamlin win the championship since hes a rookie. Oh well theres always next year and hopefully Dale Jr can win a championship sometime before he retires lol

Yeah Jimmie Johnson unfortunately one... Im not a big fan of him, jeff gordan, kyle busch, or kurt busch... I was hoping Dale Jr would win it but he was behind way too many points going in todays race. I would have liked to see Johnson and Kenseth wreck and Hamlin win the championship since hes a rookie. Oh well theres always next year and hopefully Dale Jr can win a championship sometime before he retires lol

Jeff is my boy. My husband's is Jimmie. We have a family rivalry going. Our daughter's is Stewart and her husband's is Jr.

Go Jeff!

Ya Jimmie Johnson is my second favorite racer. I personally root for Dale Earnhardt Junior who almost could have pulled it off but it was a really long shot. So I don't mind that Jimmie Johnson won. I hate Gordon and Stewart but I don't know who I hate more. I wasn't able to follow all that well this year sadly, but I'm glad one of my guys one. :blink:

Ya Jimmie Johnson is my second favorite racer. I personally root for Dale Earnhardt Junior who almost could have pulled it off but it was a really long shot. So I don't mind that Jimmie Johnson won. I hate Gordon and Stewart but I don't know who I hate more. I wasn't able to follow all that well this year sadly, but I'm glad one of my guys one. :blink:

Well, stewart or harvick are probably my 2nd and 3rd favorite drivers not in any order though. I really like Harvick because I love seeing him get mad and wrecking other cars on purpose, I also like harvick because before Earnhardt died we had tickets to the Atlanta race (Earnhardt was our driver), and after he died we decided to go to the race anyway... When Harvick won that race it was a very very wierd feeling. I was happy but it just seemed very wierd, I have never seen so many fans stay hours still sitting in their seats like they did after he won.