xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Rotator

Php Forum Signature

Hey :blink:

Having browsed this and other sites I've come up with the following signature-code for generating text on an image:

<?php header("Content-type: image/png"); $select = rand(1,3);if($select==1)$img = "gow.png";if($select==2)$img = "gow2.png";if($select==3)$img = "gow3.png";$image = imagecreatefrompng("$img");//imagecolorallocate($image, R, G, B) in HEX values$font_white = imagecolorallocate($image, 255, 255, 255);$font_grey = imagecolorallocate($image, 128, 128, 128);$select = rand(1,3);if($select==1)$string1 = "Achievement Status";if($select==1)$string2 = "4395 Gamerpoints";if($select==2)$string1 = "Latest Game";if($select==2)$string2 = "Gears of War";if($select==3)$string1 = "Latest Achievement";if($select==3)$string2 = "Veteran of D-Day (Call of Duty 2)";//($image, fontsize, rightindent, downindent, data, txtcolour)imagestring($image, 3, 7, 5, "Collection Status", $font_white);imagestring($image, 3, 7, 23, "48 Retail Xbox360 Titles", $font_white);imagestring($image, 3, 7, 41, $string1, $font_white);  imagestring($image, 3, 7, 59, $string2, $font_white);  imagepng($image); imagedestroy($image); ?>

However, it generates the text in the image in a standard font. Is there a way to make it use a different truetype font, one located on the same server as the php, but not installed on the hostmachine?

I'm REALLY new to php, so please reply in plain english :wacko:
Thanks in advance.

I know it is possible to use a non-standard font on a signature as I did it a while ago. You have to upload the TTF font file to the same directory as the script for it to work. I haven't used it for a while, but I got the code from the PHP manual. Have a look over there and I'll root around and see if I can find the code I used.

Ah, my method is a bit different (see my sig block). I filled an array full of phrases, and used array_rand to randomly pick which one to display per load. I even made it to match the background of the forum. Just the profile background is a bit different. I chose the font Arial just so it can look plain. Other fonts would have worked, though.Btw, in the code you have shown, you don't specify which font to use, like i did in my code.

Now, how can I get to see your code? If you'll let me? :blink:The first code I wrote didn't have any information about the font, because I didn't know what to do...But as I said, I tried imagettftext in conjunction with $font, but to no avail...

Here is the coding for mine:

<?phpheader("Content-type: image/png");$arr = array("random text","random text","random text","random text","random text","random text","random text");$string = $arr[array_rand($arr)];$i = 10;$font = "../fonts/arial.ttf";$size = imagettfbbox($i, 0, $font, $string);$width = ($size[2]+3) + ($size[0]+3);$height = abs($size[1]+3) + abs($size[7]+3);$im = @imagecreate($width, $height) or die("Cannot Initialize new GD image stream");$bgcolor = imagecolorallocate($im, 238, 242, 247);$text_color = imagecolorallocate($im, 0, 0, 0);imagettftext($im, $i, 0, 2, abs($size[5]), $text_color, $font, $string); imagepng($im);imagedestroy($im);?>
It is also made to adjust the width and height to fit the text.

Thanks alot, guys!

I finally got the look I was searching for. Had to tweak the code alot, but it works now...

<?phpheader("Content-type: image/png");$select = rand(1,3);if($select==1)$string1 = "Achievement Status";if($select==1)$string2 = "4395 Gamerpoints";if($select==2)$string1 = "Latest Game";if($select==2)$string2 = "Gears of War";if($select==3)$string1 = "Latest Achievement";if($select==3)$string2 = "Veteran of D Day";if($string1=="Achievement Status")$I1 = "65";if($string2=="4395 Gamerpoints")$I2 = "74";if($string1=="Latest Game")$I1 = "97";if($string2=="Gears of War")$I2 = "87";if($string1=="Latest Achievement")$I1 = "66";if($string2=="Veteran of D Day")$I2 = "72";$i = 14;$font = "lcd.ttf";$size = imagettfbbox($i, 0, $font, $string);$im = @imagecreate(300, 80) or die("Cannot Initialize new GD image stream");$bgcolor = imagecolorallocate($im, 0, 64, 0);$text_color = imagecolorallocate($im, 0, 255, 0);$text_color2 = imagecolorallocate($im, 0, 128, 0);imagettftext($im, $i, 0, 5, 20, $text_color2, $font, "88888888888888888888888888888"); imagettftext($im, $i, 0, 70, 20, $text_color, $font, "COLLECTION STATUS"); imagettftext($im, $i, 0, 5, 38, $text_color2, $font, "88888888888888888888888888888"); imagettftext($im, $i, 0, 39, 38, $text_color, $font, "48 RETAIL XBOX360 TITLES");imagettftext($im, $i, 0, 5, 56, $text_color2, $font, "88888888888888888888888888888"); imagettftext($im, $i, 0, $I1, 56, $text_color, $font, $string1); imagettftext($im, $i, 0, 5, 74, $text_color2, $font, "88888888888888888888888888888"); imagettftext($im, $i, 0, $I2, 74, $text_color, $font, $string2);imagepng($im);imagedestroy($im);?>

Giving me that following image with the first two lines static and the other two random :blink:

Posted Image

Hi Dear Rotator i agree Rotator post , but dear Rotator i have one question about fonts and css . how we can use tff fonts in css files with out visitors download that fonts ?

Well, I never worked with Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) before, so that would be a question for someone else :blink:

Sorry.

Okay, new question:With the current code, I have to manually changed the left indent of the text whenever I edit it, to make sure it's centered on the image...Isn't there a way to automatically ensure that the text is centered?