xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
shyshadow

Is She Lying?

So I finally asked this girl out, i know she likes me but she said she had a boyfriend and ive never seen her with anyone, and she always leaves school alone. do girls ever say this type of thing to make us try harder or something? Any advice for me?thanks in advance

Girls are weird like that :blink:. It's probably just a test to see how you will react, or she might just be trying to make you jealous because she has a boyfriend. Just give it some time, you could probably even tease her a little with her boyfriend. "So how are things going with you and (name)?" just to see what she will say. Eventually though, I have a feeling like she will come back to you, especially since you know that she likes you. You might want to ask her on a date or something and just let her know that you are still there and still like her. I don't think you can really go wrong here, it sounds like you two have a good relationship going, even if she is a little hidden about it. Good luck!

I don't mean to be harsh, but how are you "sure" she likes you? Have you heard it from a friend of yours? Maybe you're just seeing what you want to see....My immediate reaction to her telling you she has a boyfriend is that she's trying to let you down easy, say "No" without it being your fault.I know some girls tease and stuff like this to get the guys trying harder - but for a lot of girls, "no" really DOES mean "no".

ok...heres what happenedi was asking her to lets go to prison movie, and i talk insanely fast when im nervous...i asked her once, then she said what, so i asked again. and she thought i meant an real prison >_>so she said no then i left, then 1class later she said she was sorry and misunderstood me and said she would love to go but she had a boyfriend.and i know she likes me because ive heard it from 2people, and she always stairs me down in the hallways (:blink:)to husker: she didnt tell me her boyfriends name, just said she had one.

Then just replace "So how are things going with you and (name)?" for "So how are things going with you and your boyfriend?". That could solve the problem :blink:useless things to say? no no I got nothing. But if she really likes you, and you like her, nothing else matters, soon or late you will be together (or at least I hope you will, good luck).

Hmm, just because you have heard she likes you, doesn't mean she likes you as a boyfriend or date. I would suspect she really does have a boyfriend. She may just like you as a school friend, if you get my gist. When I was going with a special boyfriend, I chummed around school with guys I liked. Liking them was at a different level than the deep caring I had for my boyfriend. If you heard she likes you, then you could probably keep an ear open for indications that she really does have a boyfriend. If she does, she will certainly talk about him to her girlfriends and this would also get back to you. Good Luck!

so would it be ok to ask her how are things going with u and your boyfriend? if so what should i say after she answers it?

If you are not too shy to do so, why not. What you answer will depend on her reply. Play it by ear. If she seems to be doing well with her boyfriend you might ask where he attends school. Keep the conversation light. If she is stumped, then maybe she is lying after all. Just don't expect too much and you won't be disappointed.

Yea, I'd have to say it's going to be one of two things...1. She's telling the truth... and she really does have a boyfriend.That's okay. If she's happy, you should be happy for her too, as her friend. Plus, if she likes you in the way you think she does, who knows, sometime in the future maybe things will be different and the two of you can get together.2. She's lying... and she doesn't really have a boyfriend.Which is okay too. Some girls just say things like this when they don't have those kind of feelings for the other person, and they want to let them down in a nice way. Sure, lying isn't nice... but sometimes, we think that telling a lie like that will save you from feeling bad. I figure, if she is lying about it, and she's still your friend, then she's only doing it because she cares about you, and doesn't want to see you hurt. Also, for some girls, it can be a lot easier to say that they have a boyfriend, than to give a truthful answer of no to a person asking them out. You got nervous when you asked her, so perhaps she was caught off guard too, and telling you she had a boyfriend was all she could come up with at the time.Anyway... either talk to her about it, or give her some time and see what becomes of the situation :blink:

you can't just ask a girl how they are doing with her boyfriend. if she really has a boyfriend, then that's none of your business. to some extent it's rude to ask someone that kind of question. and if she did have a boyfriend, you have to respect her space. you can't just go ask her out to see a movie or go on a date or something.if it was just a bluff and she really didn't have a boyfriend, then it means that she's just making you feel jealous, trying to lure you more to her.if you just heard someone said that she's staring at you, then it's either one of two things. it's true that she might be staring at you and that she does like you, or it's false because these people just might be playing with your emotions, they're just saying what you want to hear.you don't jump to conclusions, just because someone said to you that she's staring at you. a second-hand news might not be as "new" as it should be. you have to find it out for yourself. try to read her (and i didn't say, read her mind), her actions, the way she moves and speaks when you're around and all those stuff.