xisto Community
it01y2

Destroying Variables In Javascript Destroying variables in javascript

This is how I would do it. There might be a proper function that does it but this method works perfectly well.

<script type="text/javascript">// Set variablecolour = "blue";// Delete its contentscolour ="";</script>

ok I have javascript in a loop and the variables for each loop is clashing.egfirst loopvar countdown = "2"first loopsecond loopvar countdown = "5"second loopIs there any way in javascript to do thisx=0first loopx++varcountown x = 1first loopsecond loopx++varcountown x = 5second loopthe x results the variable name to be listedvarcountown1varcountown2varcountown3varcountown4varcountown5so they dont clash is this possible? electriic ink?

I dont really understand what are you trying to do but its possible that you give each variable a different name so that they dont clash and product different values for different var..

Perhaps you could describe what you are trying to do so we can understand the logic you are trying to get behind by using 2 loops. I don't really understand why you are using 2 loops to do a countdown.

If it is in a PHP loop you can still change the name of the Variables.I did not get the reason why cant you have different names for the variables.Also if you dont want them to clash put / insert them in a array and then check if the value exists or not in the array.If it does then do something and change the value that will now be inserted.If it does not then insert it making things unique.