xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Tsunami

An Open Source Software Suite would you like it

Ok... this is my idea:imma create a Java Based set of programs like Microsoft works or Microsoft office. They will have multiple/customizable themes, POSSIBLY their own file formats (i hope i can do that im not sure) and a few other features... some of the programs include:---Word Processor---a BASIC Presentation creator---Spreadsheet---Graphics program---Mail Program---BrowserI havent decided weather or not i will make them all in the same program but no matter what it will be a java archive file (.JAR)I'm thinking of making it a virtual desktop with the option for users to sign in and save things into their own folders and only access their files with the option to save it into a "Public" folder which all users can view... and a guest feature which only allows access to the public folder... So tell me if you think this is a good idea or not >.<

Many open source project have similar software. If you want to develop something new, it must clear what is your advantage, otherwise it is better if you join the other open source project and contribute there.About your virtual desktop, I don't really get it. Why do we need virtual desktop?It is the same like linux file access policy, right??