xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
ESDesign

Xbox 360 Worth It?

I've been hearing a lot about 360 from all of my friends, they all say that the graphics are amazing compared to Xbox..Currently I have an Xbox and I want to upgrade to a 360 eventually but I don't know whether it's really worth the money right now.. Will it come down in price in the near future?The other concern I have is that I want to be able to play my original Xbox games on my 360, is this possible?Is it really worth the 400 some dollars (Canadian)?Should I wait until later, maybe Christmas sales?I should add, I don't want any hardcore PS3 fans telling me that I should wait for PS3, because all of my friends have 360 and I'd like to be able to play Xbox Live with them eventually, sorry guys :blink: Thanks for your help.

I have heard that Xbox 360 is good, PS3 is good but then I heard that Xbox 360 was actually better and cheaper. I don't know personally because I don't own either of them but from what I hear Xbox is better out of the two. PS3 comes out in the US at $599 this Friday but I wouldn't get it. I actually have heard that the new Nintendo is the best out of them all and the cheapest. This could all be rumors though I've heard some mixed things but this is mostly what I've heard around the loop. I would go Xbox 360 or Nintendo but they have completely different games sometimes. PS3 is just way to expensive.

Wait until the sales after Christmas to get one, as then the console and games will be cheaper. There is a limited range of old XBox games you can play on the 360, and they are listed here. They are still adding to it, but they are going one game at a time, so don't expect everything to work that soon. I don't have an HD TV and you can still tell the graphics are much better, and if you have an HD TV then you will see a lot higher detail etc. Make sure that you get the full system rather than the core one, as the 20GB hard drive is very handy to have, along with wireless controllers.

We are getting an 360 for our son this xmas..I have thought long and hard about it..because my son is kinda wanting a playstaion, but here in europe the release dats is delayed so if he wants a new system this Christmas he has to go with the Xbox..I am very interesed in anyone that has experience of modding the new XBOX ..I have modded up an old one so its beome a Linux media center at a flick of a switch..would love to be able to run the same kinda things on the new xbox..Looking at the tech specs of both machines I think the Xbox has the advantage..but then again I hear that theres an overheating problem with the xbox unit because there now fan to cool the CPU ;((I can imagien this is bad when a child leaves it on all night ten goes to school with it still on..we will have to watch out he doesnt do this cos hes very fogetfull.!!All in all i hope the Xbox wins just cos I dont like the idea of Blue Ray and the money Sony is chuckign at this stupid project~!~ remember beta V Vhs? prolly the oldest one here to remember that one...I feel Sony is doing the same with these blue ray discs!Marky;)

well from where i see this. PS3 has way more games since it can play the games from PS1 and PS2. it also has a better line up of games. wat im trying to say is that when xbox first came out a few games came out with it and so did the PS3. the PS3 games that came out with the console is better. the reason that the PS3 cost so much is because its comeing with a blue-ray disk player. the blue-ray disk player aloe cost almost US$1,000 so really wat ur buying is a blu-ray disk player. i would say that if your going to pay US$500 for the xbox 360 might as well save up another US$100 and buy a PS3 dun ya think.

In my opinion its probably worth it. You got a whole bunch of new games that are for the Xbox 360 open to you now. Also, I don't think the Xbox 360 prices are going to go higher. In my opinion if they want to outsell the PS3, it would be better to keep their lower price, as lower price will make people want to buy it instead. PS3 isn't worth it until the price goes way down or you have the money for it.Are you really going to spend that much for video games your going to get bored with later on? And i believe games are supposed to be like somewhere around $70 to $80 dollars

Edited by mojoman (see edit history)

Yes, the Xbox 360 is definately worth it. It has too many features to even say. Some of my favorite things about the Xbox 360 is the marketplace. With the market place you can download trailers, movies, demos, game content, gamerpictures, themes, and tons of other things that Xbox adds every day. If you are going to play the Xbox 360 online then it is the best system to buy without a doubt, especially when you compare it to the $600 Playstation 3 with less online features.

Yes i think that the 360 is worth it. The graphics, gameplay, and the games are great. Especially with xbox live, connect and stuff like that. If i were you (and this is what im doing) i would wait till after christmas this way the playstation3 and the Nintendo Wii are out. Then they will probably lower the price a little after that. Then after christmas everyone that wants a xbox 360 will probably have one so they will probably lower the price even more. People had a long time before christmas to get the 360 then if they still want one they will probably get it for christmas. This way the price is lower and then you can still have a 360. Im not sure if this is true but it is what im gonna do and probably what is gonna happen.

I have played the xbox 360 and loved it, and I played the PS3 and loved it. Each console has its own unique qualities in my opinion. PS3 is very expensive, but once you see and play the games, it was definitely worth the price I paid for it. I also have a xbox 360, which I love for its great online capabilities. Each console will also have its own game titles that are only on those systems. Halo 3 will be coming out for 360, which is going to be really good. If you want Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, etc...gotta get a playstation 3. If I had to choose between a PS3 or 360, I would definitely take the PS3 at this point. I was very impressed with the system at launch friday. I think I played the system for 7 hours straight. 360 was good, but most of the games I bought on launch were a little choppy at some points, which aggrovated me a bit. The 360 also has a lot of mediocre sports titles at this point, where as NBA Live 2k7 for the PS3 is amazing. I've never been more impressed with any sports game as I am with it.

It is worth it especially with these new gamings coming out. If you do pick ip up you MUST get Gears of War 'cause thats the killel app and the top dog in the 360 box right now. It is definitely worth it if your playing it on a HD TV. You can milk more worth out of it if you have Xbox Live.

well now the xbox 360 is cheaper than ps3. I have also heard a lot of good stuff about it it compared to the ps3. People have said the graphics are better than ps3's. But if you can hold off until after Christmas it will probally be chaper.

There is room and rumor for another $50-100 drop on the premium system. It will most likely happen within the year to further the price point advantage Microsoft has on the PS3.Up the ante per se once Sony gets its act together 'cause with the current PS3 shortage they ahve nor eason to drop the price right now. The faster Sony gets its act together the sooner you can expect a drop.

I've been hearing a lot about 360 from all of my friends, they all say that the graphics are amazing compared to Xbox..
Currently I have an Xbox and I want to upgrade to a 360 eventually but I don't know whether it's really worth the money right now.. Will it come down in price in the near future?

The other concern I have is that I want to be able to play my original Xbox games on my 360, is this possible?

Is it really worth the 400 some dollars (Canadian)?

Should I wait until later, maybe Christmas sales?

I should add, I don't want any hardcore PS3 fans telling me that I should wait for PS3, because all of my friends have 360 and I'd like to be able to play Xbox Live with them eventually, sorry guys :blink:

Thanks for your help.

I just bought my 360 in July and I love it. You can play some old xbox games like: the Halos, splinter cell 2 & 3, and if u have dsl or cable u can download updates (if they have them) to be able 2 play them. the games I have are G.R.A.W, Cod2, Gears of war, Cod3 and dead rising. My xbox live gamertag is samdchief so add me when u get xbl.