xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
brandon10092

Smashmyps3.com Beware if you are a PS3 Fanboy

I'm sure most of you have heard of smashmyps3.com, or you've seen or heard about one of the creator's projects. They've also smashed the iPod Photo and Nano, the Xbox 360, and plan to smash the Playstation 3 and the Wii, the day they come out. We know the PS3 comes out in 2 days and they're people wating outsidet their Best Buys already. One of those people are there to smash it in front of everybody who couldn't get their hands on it, for no point at all. It's quite funny actually, and the video should be on the site within the next week, so I'm bookmarking it. What's your guys thoughts about this?

pretty funny. But for all the people outside waiting and just seeing a guy come out with one and smash it right in front of them. It would be funny to see what the other people do. But it is really a lot of money to spend just to destroy something.

The video was released. It was pretty funny. I looked at the previous videos and I think the PSP was better. I would have put fireworks in the PS3 personally. Big mortars to try and blow some of it up. That's pretty funny though still. The sledgehammer did quite the damage although not at first lol. Good stuff overall though. The sad thing is it's all donations and then they sell the busted thing on ebay for over a hundred bucks.

was a little disappointed, hopefully the new video they post up will be a bit better. I didn't see any reaction from the people either makes me want to cry myself :wacko:. well now I can wait for my ps3 in the near future :blink:.

i was also disappointed with the video. They didn't really to anything special. I hope in the full release we get something a little more. Like more of the people reactions and stuff like that. Or something a little differnt than what they did with the 360.

Well, you gotta admit. That playstation 3 does look pretty durable. No wonder its $600 bux. Those things are funny but just think... a perfectly good $600 dollar toy down the drain. I played the PS3 at walmart today and the graphics are either awesome or the TV was because i have to admit... the graphics might just be better than the Xbox 360's but if they are its not too much of a difference... id have to compare them side by side to really tell.

I hope that the Smashmywii.com will be a lot better. I want to see more of an explosion of some sort. We need fireworks, more excitement. Sledge hammers just don't cut it. I think that they have a big enough crowd that they should put on a great show.

Wow talk about crime rate going up Friday morning:

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

thats just sad can't wait for Ps4 when it's 800-1000 :blink:

glad I am waiting especially some of the problems it is having right now, although I was looking at tv I just wait for the next BIG shipment to come in.

Ya my brother and I are doing the same. Turns out, last I heard someone sold one on Ebay for $14000 dollars. Yes thousand. Now why wouldn't they just hire someone for $1000 to sit in line for them I don't know. I've heard of many shootings over the game. One dentist gave his employees 8 hours of full pay to sit out in line and buy him 15 PS3s to give to his grandkids but he was scared out of doing it even though he had the freedom to if he wanteed.

Yeah the PS3 was really durable. I always would have thought that the Xbox 360 would have been more durable, but I guess not. As for the video, I'm sure there will be a better video out soon with a lot more footage. If you compare the short and long versions of the Xbox 360 videos, you will see what I mean, since the long version of the 360 video is about 20 minutes long compaired to about 4 minutes. Look for the Wii video tomorrow, since it will be released then and should be up sometime that day.

Well I havent seen the smashed ps3 video yet, but yesterday I did see a video of someone getting smashed against a post, he smashed his jaw and dislocated his arm or something like that. Omg, I was reading that last article, and it seems as though the ps3 is a dangerous toy, it can either make you kill, or get you killed.

Edited by FLaKes (see edit history)

was a little disappointed, hopefully the new video they post up will be a bit better. I didn't see any reaction from the people either makes me want to cry myself ;). well now I can wait for my ps3 in the near future :wacko:.

Yeah, I was disappointed too. Basically he just smashed it up and everyone stood and watched - it really does feel like a waste when the crowd doesn't even make a sound. The whole entertainment isn't to see brand new electronics go to waste, but to see fans going spastic over someone doing that... perhaps in the middle of the line would have been better :blink:

It's a shame the PS3 didn't even get bits going flying. It's such a tank it's amazing. Suppose it's safe to drop it a few times ;)