xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
squeaky

Suggestions For Good Fight Music

Hello all. I am part of a small film crew who are about to embark on filming a few experimental fight sequences. If you would be kind enough to pitch in or suggest a few tracks that will support a couple of fight scenes it would be very helpful. Anything would do, although we prefer instrumental pieces over tracks with lyrics in them. But as long as it is reasonable, we will submit to it. Much thanks.

Well I was going to suggest nu metal and bands from that genre, but I guess Ill think about it a little bit more and see what I can find thats without vocals. Right now Im thinking about prodigy, because they have some great songs that dont have much vocals in them, and they are used in a lot of fight scenes. So you cant really go wrong by using Prodigy. You should definitely check out switchback or the last firstborn from Celldweller. Check also hit and run from Skazi. Well it depends on what type of fight it would be for. Martial arts fights go well with hip hop or electronic types of music such as Juno reactor or prodigy (kind of like in Matrix), where heavy fights such as wrestling and such go well with heavier type of music such as slipknot, disturbed, etc.You could also just make a loop out of a part of a song you like, that way you wont have vocals in it. You could even do a really cool remix for it to suit the needs of the video. I think this would be the best Idea by far.

I'd say RAP music is the best. Something with loud BASS lines that will kick tha' *BLEEP* out of you :blink: This is the sort of music that gets you pumped and ready for action...Try something from Xzibit or similar...Hope it helps, greetz

I'd go with some hardcore techno/trance. The kind with some strong flanger or phaser effects. And maybe some symths in the background. With the kind of precussion you'd hear in D'n'B music. Fast-going music. Or similar to music that'd you hear in the Devil May Cry games.

I would recommend some Breaking Benjamin songs. They would be great for a gun-fight scene. If it's not, it would be very awesome if you used Breaking Benjamin for a slow-motioned fight scene. Trapt, Headstrong would be a great song, too. :blink: mostly rock would be good for a fight scene with good guitar and bass and drums. :wacko:

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the suggestions. I submitted to the Prodigy and Juno Reactor, and they seem to be very good. And it doesn't have to be instrumental, I was only saying if possible. I will also elaborate on the type of fight scenes we are doing, which are pretty much martial arts. Something you would see in modern Jackie Chan or Jet Li movies.

Probably heavy metal and rock before the fight actually starts imo, during the fight.. probably either rock or techno depending on the pace and standard of the fight...Throw on some sound effects if the pace of the fight suddenly slows (ie the Matrix), or speeds up .. (beats go faster).

Just a thought - if it's not really a completely serious film, then I got a good bit for a random fight scene. My Sharona by The Knack, go to to:38. Good drum and guitar bit for quite a while.-Steve

fight music

Replying to squeaky

Personally, atreyu and bullet for my valentine seem to work amazingly well for me.

For instance, exs and ohs by atreyu makes for a really dramatic fight song. Assuming youre shooting a short (less than five minutes)film, you could use the varying intensities to A) frame a fight scene, and B) provide a history and reason for the fight scene. Perhaps the murder of a lover?

-reply by team awesome

Trick Daddy - Lets Go is the best fight song,, its what I train with so I would suggest it.

-reply by guest

As BordaForx suggested, i'd have to go with Breaking Bnjamin also.One of their songs i've used as backing music for a Halo FMV i made a while back called "Blow Me Away" was perfect and it has that kind of fighting edge to it.HAve a listen to some of thier stuff and see what you think, you can also pick up some of their songs as a Kareoke version without the lyrics should you feel the music fits but the lyrics are all wrong :)

Hi budyy, i don't know much about music, but consider Mortal Combat theme music,its very inspiring as well as creates some tension.....That movie is completely martial arts based, i had seen it 3 years back, still that is my favourite fighting music...All the best.

Indestructible by disturbed is awesome for a really dominating fight like those where one person is owning heaps of people. But probably not so good for a long one on one battle like those in many martial arts films.

The image that sprang to mind for me was the scene from oe of the king Arthur movies where he has just recovered from illness and is riding to war in full armour through cherry blossoms, his knights behind him, to the soundtrack Oh Fortuna by Karl Orff.Now, you will need a high quality epic figh scene to pull that music off otherwise it will just come out looking very tacky. The music can very easily overpower the scenes themselves.It also depends on the theme of the overall film. Metal seems to mix well with sci fi but classical music can add a deeper dimension to the scene.

fight songSuggestions For Good Fight Music

well you guys should try the song...

Full Flex - by Pronobozo

this song is about how ninja's are the ultimate killing machines. It is very fast paced.