xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
wwn

Did You Know That 0,(9)=1? If not read this

So theoretically 0,(9) does not equal 1,but it can be proved with pure mathematics. Read below:a=0,(9)10a=9,(9)10a-a=9,(9)-0,(9)=9 =>9a=9 => a=1 => a=1=0,(9)So what do u think about that?

So what do u think about that?

I think you need to explain what exactly your talking about so we all can understand. I'm in Honors Advanced Algebra and I have no idea what the hell you're talking about.

he is saying that .9 repeating (.99999999999999999 forever and ever) equals one. This is a mathmatical fact.1/3 = .3333333333333times my 3 on both sides....3/3 = .99999999999991 = .9999999999999It's just a fact. It may be hard to realize, but mathmatically it has to work.

I dont get how it can ever equal one unless you reach infinity or something like that I guess Speaking about math I saw a video at work today that would teach you another way of doing multiplications. You would draw lines depending on the number of digits in an equation, then sum up the intersecting ones. It takes a lot of room on a sheet of paper but its fun to try, i would only recommend it up to three digit multiplications.

The movie Flakes is talking about is

this:

To be ontopic: the number 0.(9) (periodical) tends to reach 1, but it never does..just like this number: 1/n, where n gets values in the interval (0, infinite) ..this number tends to reach 0, but it never does..

hope you got it :)

Edited by hts (see edit history)