xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tractor

Record Pullups

Yesterday a teen broke the record for the most pullups. He did 2,354 witch broke it by about 100 pullups. It didn't tell me how long it took him but i can only do 2 before its impossible and it taes me 10 secs per pullup. I think this guy has to be really strong because 2000+ pullups are the hardest thing i could think about. How many pullups can you do? I can do about 2-5 but he did 2,000 without stoping.

Wow that's a lot of pull ups. I never really thought of what the record would be. That's pretty amazing. Props to that kid. Do you know how old he was or how much he weighed? I haven't done pull ups in a long time but there is no chance I would have been able to get over 100 let alone 10. :blink: That's just crazy, I wonder if he paused in between after a while.

It would be tough. He would have to be strong, yet very thing, since muscle mass weights more than fat and they are not necessarily equally distributed (i.e. gaining a pound of muscle may not allow one to lift that pound along with the other weight that must be compensated for). As long as you're thin, you should be good, but if you go for huge muscles, like pro wrestlers do, you're in trouble. Strong as they may be, I doubt pro wrestlers (and others with huge muscles) could do pull-ups, whether it be because they would tire quickly, not be able to life their entire muscle mass, or not be flexible enough to do so).This kid would have to have done a lot of weight training, lifting light weights with many, many repetitions. It builds the kind of endurance needed for such a thing as 2000+ pull-ups. Personally, I can do about 5, taking maybe two seconds for the first two, three for the third, five for the fourth, and up to seven for the last.

Wow, that is a whole lota pullups :wacko: Bet he worked hard for that one, if i had predicted what the record is i would of guessed 600-700 :blink:I sometimes do pullups, i do sets of 15, with 1-2 mins rest inbetween ;) havn't done them in 2 weeks or so though ;) been hitting the gym more instead :D

Do you know how old he was or how much he weighed?

He was in his teens my guess is 16 or 17 it didn't want to give all the info cause people would go rape him or somthing. But im guessing not 18 cause he would be old and not 13 cause he couldn't last.

I wonder if he paused in between after a while.

He could have paused but he couldn't come down cause it would be like me breaking it for doing 9999999 in a life time.

That's all? lol, that must have taken a lot of practice. I wouldn't be that dedicated to do something like that. I bet his parents are so proud of him :wacko:. I can do 10 on a good day, 2354 on a great day. :blink:

He was in his teens my guess is 16 or 17 it didn't want to give all the info cause people would go rape him or somthing. But im guessing not 18 cause he would be old and not 13 cause he couldn't last.

I don't quite think that he has to worry about being raped if he can do that many pull ups. I am sure he probably was a small kid like Cebral said because you don't have to pull all that much up and adding on muscle won't hurt you too much if you aren't fat.

Same ghost. I suck at pullups. THis kid is amazing he must be skinny and tall. I don't know but i think he can't be to big because he would have some fat that weights alot and it would be impossible. My problem is the bar is always in the wrong place. To high or to low.

WHOA how many pullups did you say? 2000+ pullups thats amazing and sounds unbelievable. The guy must be very strong but must have been lean as well coz I personally believe that the more muscle mass you have, the lesser marathon feats you can perform. A heavy mascular guy can very well do a bench press of about 400 pounds but 2000+ pullups is out of the question. Moreover I hope the guy who made this record did this without any steriods

Probably, although he may have used the new drug that rebuilds muscle tissue, allowing one to become stronger and build more muscle mass in a fraction of the time necessary without (the idea is to work out until you are sore, meaning that your muscle tissue begins to break down, then pop a pill and the tissue will quickly grow back, stronger than ever). Can't remember what the drug is called, although it is usually used by bodybuilders.And I don't think that being extremely tall would be a good thing in this case. The longer the arms, the more he has to pull up (although leverage due to the length of the arm may play some part as well, be it positive or negative).

I got more info now. He did it in 12 hours. And is 17 years old. He lives in Alabama i think. And has been training for over 5 years. This is incredible 12 hours to do 2000+ pullups. Thats about 211 pullups an hour. Or 33 a minute. Thats more about 2 or 3 a second. That is incredibly fast. He must be really tired.

211 an hour divided by 33 does not equal 60 minutes. lol Well that's still pretty amazing, 2 to 3 a minute isn't a bad pace. I wonder how in the world he was able to hang up there that long. You would think it'd just get sort of annoying after a while. After you hit a thousand you still have over 1000 more to go. It's still amazing to me that someone could do that many. Maybe I should start training now to do that many when I turn 20. :blink:

Well 2 to 3 isn't allot. That would make him be doing 2242 in 12 hours. WOW. All i have to say is this kid is ammazing. His school is prbably really proud or his parents. I think that genius book of world records was there and he goes in the book now! Its all over the news. I also saw this kid that broke the shortest kid in the world. Really sad. i mean he is 24 inches tall and 10 pounds. He is 14 years old. I also saw a golfer thats 6 that tigger woods thinks is good. These kids are getting really amazing. I wonder how many other records they will be breaking. Or what other amazing things.