xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
JasperIk

Do You Think A Woman Would Be A Better President?

I always hear women saying 'Oh we just need to get a woman in the office, then everything will be fixed.' But why? Why do you feel that a woman would be a better president than a man, is it for the sole fact that you are a woman and think women can do better jobs then men? I don't think it would change much if we were lead by a woman or a man. If we take away the gender, we still get the political opinions each president has, so will things really end up being better? I am not saying I don't think women should be presidents but I don't think the y would be any better then the men who have served already, nor do i think they would be worse.

I think a women is just as capable as being president as a man. I mean being president has nothing to do with strength or muscles. It has to do with knowing what to do. And i think women might be better at that then us men. Since our current president is a retard I really don't care who si in office as long as they do there job. But we now has the speaker of the house a women for the first time so i think they are mobing up in ranks and could soon run for presidency.

It doesn't matter who runs for president, gender doesn't matter. What matters is that they are capable to perform the job and perform it correctly without corruption. I believe that really it doesn't matter what race, or gender, but if they know a lot about politics and what's best for the country and how to handle the situation, then by all means you can be president. If they think they would be a better president, then run don't just say stuff like that.

I think a women is just as capable as being president as a man. I mean being president has nothing to do with strength or muscles. It has to do with knowing what to do. And i think women might be better at that then us men...

I wouldn't say that, exactly. Some women are better than man at some things, and some men are better than women and some things. And not all women are as smart as each other...

...Since our current president is a retard I really don't care who si in office as long as they do there job.

Amen to that! But then again, do you know anyone who wants to do their job?

notwithstanding the sentiment that a woman can and may be better presidents, it still will be racked with political maneuverings. we (philippines) had experience with two women presidents already (one ten years ago, and another currently) -- and it's not an easy climate for them, politically and economically. for one, they are highly susceptible to coup d'?tats brewing every time, trying to topple her presidency via a military takeover (they will always have a hard time reining in the military, without concessions made). and this always has a negative impact on the economy, successful or not the coup may be.

performance-wise, they are not any better for the country. them being women is not a magic formula they can simply invoke to magically solve all the problems, some even spanning decades, of a nation. and they are not saints either, since they also make dumb decisions detrimental to national interests, and have personal and business interests as well they protect which makes them not immune to political attacks.

at the end of the day, a good president one can be, man or woman, as long as s/he upholds the constitution and promotes national interests to the best that s/he can.

As much as I'd love to see a woman in office, I don't know if they'd get elected. Simply because I believe many people today are still feminists and think that women are less capable than men.

I always hear women saying 'Oh we just need to get a woman in the office, then everything will be fixed.' But why? Why do you feel that a woman would be a better president than a man, is it for the sole fact that you are a woman and think women can do better jobs then men? I don't think it would change much if we were lead by a woman or a man.

I don't think it would make much of a difference whether there was a women or a man running the country. Take Margaret Thatcher as an example, she made some really stupid decisions and we are still suffering the consequences today. (She privatised a lot of public services, and it didn't work).

Women are just as capable of being in office as a man is. We are all human beings and can all acomplish the same things, regardless of our gender. It may be somewhat true, that in general, but not always that men are stronger and have less emotion, and that women are physically weaker and have more emotion, but maybe we need someone to rule our country with more emotion. I think a woman is perfectly capable of the job; women already hold important roles in government and do a fine job. I agree with s2city

As much as I'd love to see a woman in office, I don't know if they'd get elected.

Its going to be a while before a woman gets in office, but I think eventually it will happen. Its just like gay marriage, hopefully with time people will become more understanding and accepting of it.

I wouldn't say that, exactly. Some women are better than man at some things, and some men are better than women and some things. And not all women are as smart as each other...

I didn't say they were worse then men i said they are the same and wemon might be better in the thinking skills.

Amen to that! But then again, do you know anyone who wants to do their job?

No i do not. But im sure if women could run they would have a high chance of winning.

As much as I'd love to see a woman in office, I don't know if they'd get elected. Simply because I believe many people today are still feminists and think that women are less capable than men.

If people are feminist, it means they are for women rights, do you mean sexist?

Now we just need to get an African-American elected into office. :blink:

I don't see what having an African American president has to do with what i was asking, I didn't ask 'would an african american president be better...'

Anyway, i also thought about a point after reading some of the posts above, i know many women are sensitive, and even though I don't agree with the war, would a woman have the emotional strength to say we need to go into war? I don't ever agree with war, but i am sure one day, some day a war will HAVE to be fought, and would a woman be able to go ahead?

It's because males are better :blink:. Actually, I think the main reason is people feel women are too "soft". They might not enforce the law as much and be nicer to everyone. I would use war as an example as something a women wouldn't do, but I think no one wants war anyways with all the stuff in Iraq. I still believe that a woman president could bring a new, fresh, and good perspective to the US. It won't happen this next election probably, first women need to run, and the only one willing to (or so it seems) is Hilary Clinton, and many people don't like her. It's something that will happen sometimes though. By the way, if the President and the VP died, a woman would be the president, but the odds of that are slim.

nothing is wrong with women, or men. it merely depends on how well they can perform under pressure. sometimes it will be a woman, and sometimes a man. but how can you say "women are better than men" or vica versa? thats just not right. there my opinion

Personally, if Hillary Clinton was elected for office of the President I think it would be great, sort of like a Bill without all the mess :blink: Seriously though, I do have respect for her. She makes mistakes, but she also owns up to them it seems.

How refreshing to read all these posts that show no prejudice. It depends on wether or not a 'person' can do a job, not what sex they are. I do have to point out that there are some emotionally weak men as well as women.

Finding an honest, capable person to do the job is hard these days. So many politicians have spent their entire lives in politics and have become corrupt along the way. It is really a shame that our government is so rife with corruption at all levels; local, state and federal. The honest ones have a hard time doing their jobs. Some even give up and leave politics out of disgust with the problem.

In war times, like right now, we need a strong willed person who can handle things with diplomacy and tact. I wouldn't want the job, not that I am qualified, even. It is a thankless position that when elected to, people start taking pot-shots at immediately. I have noticed that some people seem to relish tearing down the elected officials at any cost. Kind of an elect them and run them out of office, attitude.

I just hope the next president is HONEST regardless of who they are.