xisto Community
Paul

Please Review My Latest Re-design switched from Joomla to WP and here is the new theme

Very Nice, Indeed.Except there is one thing about it which my Browser doesn't like. Well, the combination of an older Browser, an older computer and a small display screen, actually.My guess is that you have coded it to be a fixed width in pixels and then centred the page. Am I right so far? Well, when I look at the page, which is wider than my screen, I lose part of the left-hand side of the page due to the manner in which the page is coded. And there are still plenty of older Browsers and stuff out there, so I would think that you should be concerned about this problem, because when you think about it, some guy sitting in his office, Googles up your page and it doesn't look right, somehow, so he doesn't bother to contact you. Lost potential client. Gone. Right now.The problem is simple, re-do your page using percentages and then centre the page. Then I can get to the left hand edge of the page and only need to scroll right. When you think about it, as your page is laid out now, I need to get to a negative left hand margin. Impossible for me to to that, and others with an 800 pixel display will have the same problem. This is easy to fix. I have done it for others, in fact, just today I did one for another member here.Also, the header and footer graphics don't extend full right.

First of all, let me compliment you on the wonderful design you have created, I have always wanted a blog theme which is as clean and yet classy like the one you have created, very very nice design. I just loved the way you have used the diagonal scanlines, one of my favourite effects while designing banners. However I feel you should include some images to really enhance your site, the theme may be nice but it would be good if you can just manage to capture some images and merge it with your theme. That would give any visitor the captivating experience of browsing the site with your theme. I don't notice the problem which jlhaslip is experiencing, I find the site pretty alright in 1024 * 768 pixels, and plus my screen is pretty average, but like what he has said, the internet audience is a big group, you need to try your best to cater to everyone, be it those with smaller screens or those still using the 800 * 600 resolution, although I do not know anyone who still uses the 800 * 600 resolution. Other than these, there isn't nothing much to be said. :blink:

I love the colors. But please use padding in your little content area, or make the background wider. In addition, the color on your logo - that bright blue - doesn't match with the light blue used throughout the rest of the template. In addition, your logo feels a little bland. Spice it up a little. Play around with fonts and font styles, colors and sizes. Add some texture or gradients or something to the background. It feels stark in this very airy and open design.

Okay, now for your code. It looks intact for the most part. I'm assuming you're using Wordpress because your template looks like a mix between Kubrick and Hemingway, even though it feels original. Run it through a validator and fix the little things. I don't see errors, just a few little warnings.

Now for GRAMMARZ! Muahaha!:
One's = one is. You should use "ones", plain and simple.
Site's = site is. Use "sites".

That's all! LET THE JUNIORS RECLAIM THE WORLD.

It looks very elegant and professional. What I did find wierd though was the footer, it looks like it has too much height, the menu and everything else look really neat. When I switched the resolution to 800 * 600 I got the same problem jlhaslip got. You might want to resize the menu and links width to fix it.

Basically, I think the footer takes a lot of unnecessary space and there?s more space than needed from title to the main square. The text should begin at the top of this square because it wouldn?t interfere with the slightly pictured cloud. There are lot of dead space from the title to where the text begins. Not much more, I find it brilliant in other aspects.

I like the information about the webs design support you provde but there is no mention how a person can hire you for your services. Also, I would provide a link to what your different Content mangement systems are like. You said that you have several different designs but what are they? Who are the people who need different designs? Do you mean that you have more detailed CMS for people with more knowledge abotu web design? Overall I like the overview of what skills you have.The right column contrasts the web design services in the left column. The left column seems more formal while the right column seems a lot less formal. What about different pages for these columns? Good mix of music and great collection of links for CSS examples. Those sites give outstanding designs for new websites.

The colors look great, all I would suggest is that you have the navigation box start at the same height as the main window, and maybe add some shadow to it. I think the main content window should also stretch to the bottom of the screen so that it is inline with the menu boxes. Apart from that it looks great.Keep up the good work :)

The footer looks to big, and IMHO the color on the footer doesn't look to good. (Unless the image that is supposed to be displaying isn't?), which looking at in now seems likely.

yes this is a very nice theme you have. The colors are so soothing and calming.. great looking layout and you also have some good music on there good stuff now all you need is to build that portfolio up and get some content on that site.

I'm not much of a designer, but I think your site looks very nice. one thing that I don't get is that the blog section is more like a Services page of sorts, not a blog. Also, why did you switch from Joomla? I've used both Wordpress and Joomla, and feel that both are good, but Joomla can do so much more!

Wow awsome site. Not much to it right now but i'm sure you will fill that in later :lol:. I like it very much, I especially like the "My Music" . Pretty neat. Just keep it going and I'm sure you will have some good success on it. I love the skin, the cool blue color is very soothing to the eyes unlike most sites with flashy graphics haha. Well good luck with the site!Cheers, Jester

You have a really cool design there. It really is a eye candy. I've nothing to report on that. The colors you have used is really great. All colors has its nice relationship. Also the icons are also very cool and merges well with the layout of the site.your use of gradients in the header is also too cool. people can hardly notice any gradients there. If u didn't used any there, then pardon me. I really do see a mild gradient in there.Overall a really really cool design. :lol: