xisto Community
Sive

Help-need Advice

me and my boyfriend have been going out for about six months now, and he dosent seem to spend much time with me anymore. I ask him to come out with me but he dosent feel like it, he likes staying in and i like going out. so i stay in with him but even then he dosent pay too much attaion to me, he's really sweet and all but when i want to spend time with him he's either on the computer or playing with his dule cards. I know he loves me i just wish he'd ma a bit more of an effort to spend time with me!-Anyone have any advice for me?

Tried sitting down with him and telling him what you just told us? To me it sounds like he be alittle in-secure being seen with you, maybe not being seen as 'cool' enough, or you not been seen as 'cool' enough.I know that may seem stupid, but if you think about it you could be suprised. Although, until you talk with him, and find out what he has to say about the situiation i don't think you're going to make any head way.Do ou mind me asking how old you both are? I'm guessing not any older hen say 18? Which creates my next thought, what is he like at school, provided you attend the same school and 'hang out' together.Also, i noticed you were saying 'I know he loves me' etc. but do you truely love him? and if so, how have you shown it lately? It's not always the guys that have to make the effort to show the 'love' not just going out either. Personally, my advice is, just sit down and talk with him.

Tried sitting down with him and telling him what you just told us? To me it sounds like he be alittle in-secure being seen with you, maybe not being seen as 'cool' enough, or you not been seen as 'cool' enough.
I know that may seem stupid, but if you think about it you could be suprised. Although, until you talk with him, and find out what he has to say about the situiation i don't think you're going to make any head way.

Do ou mind me asking how old you both are? I'm guessing not any older hen say 18? Which creates my next thought, what is he like at school, provided you attend the same school and 'hang out' together.

Also, i noticed you were saying 'I know he loves me' etc. but do you truely love him? and if so, how have you shown it lately? It's not always the guys that have to make the effort to show the 'love' not just going out either. Personally, my advice is, just sit down and talk with him.

Yes we are both 18 , we both go to school together we sit at the same table at lunch, but at
every lunch he is playing Magic cards with his friends.An I do truely love him ,i have done l things for him showing him that i love him, i make him supper every night , I even sent him little poems i write for him by e-mail (and I even bought him a 4 month& 6th aniversery gift, even though im not geting a gift back) . I've sort of tryed talking to him but i dont think he gets how much i want to do things an go out together with him. Plus almost every time I biring this up( of going out) he gets upset.
Edited by Sive (see edit history)

Dule cards? Sounds like he's kind of immature to me then. He probably doesn't really know what you want, even though you're telling him flat out. If you're as young as it sounds (my age or younger) then that pretty much does give me the sign that it's just his immaturity. Sure, he wants the title and all, but he doesn't know what to do with it. He wants to do those childish things all the time. I don't know what to say except go out with your friends when you want to go out somewhere. Maybe he'll get it after a few times of spending an evening without you.

wow, 18 still at school, and playing with 'stupid' cards, is it just me or does this not seem wrong? I mean i'm 18, and im working full time, i barly have time to meet chicks with my work commitments let alone have one and waste her away to pityful cards. He needs a reality check.

Yes we are both 18 , we both go to school together we sit at the same table at lunch, but at every lunch he is playing Magic cards with his friends.An I do truely love him ,i have done l things for him showing him that i love him, i make him supper every night , I even sent him little poems i write for him by e-mail (and I even bought him a 4 month& 6th aniversery gift, even though im not geting a gift back) . I've sort of tryed talking to him but i dont think he gets how much i want to do things an go out together with him. Plus almost every time I biring this up( of going out) he gets upset.

The things he likes to do have nothing to do with it. And fyi I'm 20, a mother, married (my husband is 24), and we BOTH like to play duel monsters. Granted it's not all we do, but if we ever have some free time, it is much fun :blink:

To me it sounds like you're a true romantic, and he isn't. It's very hard to learn how to be romantic if it doesn't come to you naturally. Just talk to him about it and if he doesn't atleast put an effort into trying to be romantic, then perhaps you should concider moving on, because then you'll always be unhappy/dissapointed whenever those special moments/anniversary's/whatever come around.

I myself am a hopeless romantic aswell, unfortunatley my husband is not, BUT he knows stuff like that is important to me and he really does try to be more romantic for me. And I appreciate his effort and since he shows me he's trying I know he really does care. Love is more then just saying it.

Pat Decor, Yes you are right. However, you mention that you only play these duel monsters or such whn have some spare time. What i see with this guy is he doesn't love her, he loves the cards more. Its like the cards are his 'pleasure' and she is his 'look good, toy' sort of thing.I do totally agree with your last two paragraphs, mainly the point about not being the best romantic, but its not the outcome as such its the thought and care put into achieving the outcome. Either way i say best of luck to all.

When the above actions happen, I reckon it would be good to have a very good talk, is he still interested in you, or does he not love you at all? You have to get this clear, once that is clear, you can go ahead to check what is happening. Why is he so obsessed with his magic cards that he does not want to spend some time with you? Nothing can be done at the moment except to clarify somethings

talk talk talk! communication is key! tell him whats on your mind and make a compromise to do things you want to do and take time for what he likes too. Right now its all him him him and you need to treat yourself too, be a little selfish once in awhile ^o^ ahahaha