xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
tvale

Video Software

ok say you make a music video does anybody know what software the companys use, i have been looking now for ages but still cant find 1 i like or is good enough. can some help or say which they think is the best, possible have a screen shot.

Well I cna only assume that they use the usual suspects for high-end video editing: Avid, Apple Final Cut Studio Pro, Adobe After Effetcts. These are very expensive pieces of software used by the professionals for movies, TV shows etc. There are free movie editors out there, such as Windows Movie Maker which is included on all Windows systems. As far as I can remember, Linux also has a few video editing apps which are free.

Screenshots, along with more information and pricing, are available from the various software companys' websites: Avid, Final Cut Pro and After Effects. Reviews and comparions of all these software titles are also dotted around the web.

I started with Adobe Premiere. But one thing I don't like about this video editing is that unless I invest in $2000 hardware, I cannot see the video transition while in preview mode.Final Cut Pro does nice job of an actual preview mode with all video effects (such as fade out, cut in, slide and color remastering) if when combined with high performance CPU. Draw back for these two software is the initial cost of purchasing them to use them fully.