xisto Community
delivi

Vista Development Is Completed

Microsoft has finished the development of Windows Vista and its Testing Process. They've sent it for manufacturing. Now we've to wait for Microsoft to announce the Release date for Windows Vista.I started to love Vista and its cool features along with the enticing theme, when I got the Beta Version. I'm eagerly waiting to get my hands on Windows Vista Ultimate Edition as I dont want my OS to lack any features.

That's pretty cool. I've been wondering when they were going to put out the release date for Vista and when it'd be done with the Beta. I bet it'll be out in time for Christmas probably. With Playstation 3 and the new Nintendo Wii it'll be a nice edition to the crazy sales for this holiday season. Now they have to mass produce all the different versions of Vista and get them to the shelves which probably won't be that long.

Lets take bets on how many vital updates they will release within a few weeks, despite their months of beta testing and assurance that this is the most secure edition of Windows ever.I reckon that the price of Vista is going to put people off. They have so many versions, but to get the features I need as a student, I would be spending hundreds of pounds on Windows and Office. Linux and OOo are looking more and more like the best option for most people.

Now we've to wait for Microsoft to announce the Release date for Windows Vista.

You missed the release date announcement a couple of days ago then. I think it is 30 January for end users.(Source).

I personally won't be getting it for a while, as the only reason I can see to get it is to play DX10 games, but as there are loads of DX9 or less games I haven't played yet, I see no reason to switch. I also wish they would stop adding so many useless features, Vista Premium Edition is reported to use 400MB Ram at idle, which is crazy. I don't understand why WinXP need to use up so much system resources, when the only thing I use in Vista different from Win95 is Plug in and Play (Or what ever it is called). I am not particularly interested in fancy graphics either, as I am running XP with a Windows classic GUI, and it works exactly the same as it would with the fancy interface, only it uses up 12MB less ram.

Well I'm laughing a bit about Microsoft saying Vista is ready and done, remember a operating system made by microsoft is never ready and done, there will be many vital upgrades just a week after the release of Vista probably. Anyway from what I've seen from Windows Vista it will be very sweet looking and have a great ammount of new features, however it will also have a great ammount of new bugs and it will require a large PC upgrade for me so I won't get it on this PC, maybe on the notebook I have to buy for college next year seeing we will be developing windows programs -,-

once again illegal side wins...They are really fast... You can already find all and full versions of Windows Vista on p2p and torentz sites...

once again illegal side wins...They are really fast... You can already find all and full versions of Windows Vista on p2p and torentz sites...

As soon as I read about VIsta being done on the internet, I went to a forums that I usually got my VIsta betas from in the past, and guess what? They already had a torrent ready to download, minutes after the story was posted on MSN. Pirates are really fast these days.

you arent the brightest :blink: but how would these sites go about having the full version? i dont think you can "hack" and OS. but good solution. you can only "hack" and OS with the disc but there isnt one now is there?

A bunch of you were complaining about the memory requirement thats Vista will take but are in love with the graphics. When ever you make nice graphics, your memory will increase. The number of textures, shaders, etc. in the code all are stored in memory when there isnt enough room in the Video Memory or when they are not used very often they need to be accessable but not with the efficiency of the video memory. All these things take Memory. Also, with added security and spyware etc. instead of having separate programs taking up the memory, a bunch of this is built in so its not like you are wasting memory since it would have been used anyway.

What are the requirements to run Vista? My laptop has the Windows Vista Capable sticker, but it was Designed for Windows XP. It's got 512 MB RAM and around 80 GB of Memory, is that somewhere in the area of what's needed?

Ive used it in systems like the one you have s2city, all I can say is that vista is really optimized. For all the new things it has I would have thought the computer would be slower, but it really wasnt. In fact I think a computer with the same specs as one on xp runs faster on vista. Though we did have some video problems though.

Wow. The final version of Vista is a lot more stable than the previous builds. I'm using it right now, and it's running very smoothly on my aging computer. All of the drivers except for my soundcard were included and installed themselves perfectly without me having to do anything. Vista seems to be pretty good.The only complaint that I have is about all of the security conflicts whenever I try to access something from my XP partition. That really gets on my nerves.

Looks good, but personally I would probably wait a while untill the bugs of Vista is ironed out before getting a upgrade. I havent forgetten those days (before Windows XP) when many were getting the infamous Windows 98 Third edition...errr I meant Windows ME.. and many reverting back to Windows 98 Second Edition as a result.