xisto Community
saucerfoot

Nintendo Wii

hey everyone how good is the nintendo wii going to be will it have good games on it

Its Kwl I Going To Get One For Christmas. IT LOOKS SO COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

I have heard lots of good things and bad things about it. From what I've been told the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 are going to be better than it but they all have their Pro's and Con's. I have heard that it's backwards compatable with all the old Nintendo systems but I don't see how that can be so it must have been a rumor. They all have some sort of Wi Fi connection I believe but I would stick with the PS3 if it wasn't so expensive.

I am getting one for sure. Just to answer a few of Plenoptic's questions.It is not backwards compatibly with all Nintendo consoles, it can play Gamecube games. But with Virtual Console, you will be able to download Nintendo Entertainment System, Super Nintendo Entertainment System, and Nintendo 64 games.Yes it will have a WiFi Connection, if you can already do Wifi, then you won't need to purchase anything else, but if you don't have a Router or whatnot, you can buy a WiFi USB. No the DS one will not work.

The nintendo Wii is going to be great. dartkun is right about the backwards compatibilty and WiFi connection, which is great. Also, its alot cheaper than the Xbox 360 and PS3, only at $249. Plus with that new sensored motion controller its adding a whole new way of playing video games instead of sitting on the couch playing the game, which reminds me, ZELDA: TWILIGHT PRINCESS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST GAME EVER! Also, that new Super Smash Brothers Brawl game is coming out for it in early 2007, and the first two for N64 and Gamecube was great fighting games too. Oh, and just to let you know, from what I read, the Wii was the number one choice ths year for the New York Post (a newspaper from NYC) when compared with PS3. They say PS3 isn't going to be a whole lot better than PS2, just better graphics with no rumble feature for the PS3 and more expensive. Just to let you know :blink: I wish I could get both though.......

The playing style on the Wii is extremely innovative. I'm sick of sitting with a normal controller and just clicking buttons to move around. Think about it - for fishing, you can actually fish. For using the hookshot, you can actually point and maneuver it as if you were actually trying to grapple onto things. And it look especially fun in games like WarioWare: Smooth Moves. The only real qualm I have with the Wii is the graphics - they're not much of an improvement from the Gamecube (which was very pretty), and while people have been complaining about the graphics in Zelda, you have to understand that they're stylized. Link is never going to look more realistic than he looks in the graphic art that accompanies the games. As far as the PS3 goes - I don't think it's that much of an improvement over the PS2 either. It just boasts a $600 pricetag for the console itself, which feels like an enormous waste of money. With the Wii, you can get the console and at least 4-5 games for the amount of money that you spend on the PS3 alone. Plus I love Nintendo to pieces <3

I definitely want a Nintendo Wii. Its going to be my choice for console gaming, besides its really affordable. Later on I might get a playstation 3 but mainly for a desktop replacement and high definition movies with the blue ray. I will wait until playstation 3's price goes down, I have heard you can get a fedora core 5 version for it, and it does not void warranty unlike the xbox. Besides their processing technology and video card technology is way superior than and pc right now if you compare it price wise.

The wii seems like a really great system. The big thing is that it is virtual. I really wanna try that out and see how it is. I really thing the wii will be able to compete with sony and Microsoft this time around if the virtual controller is as good as it is suppose to be. I also can't wait to try Zelda and the new DBZ game.

I just got my wii, and I am loving it. The game I'm currently playing is Call of Duty 3. So far I am loving the new controller for the wii. When you run, you actually feel like your running through the controller. Aiming is very fun and actually works quite well. I used to hate when I got stuck around corners in shooting games and had to rely on a thumbstick to turn around. With the wii, I was able to maneuver around corners very smoothly and am able to shoot much more accurately than before. The graphics are decent, but the wii isn't about the graphics wars going on currently. The thing they are aiming more towards is being able to interact more in games. They went above and beyond in my opinion. The wii is very unique, and is definitely something new other than the same old button smash games we've all come to love. Hopefully some of you will go and try it out, definitely give it a chance.

Saw it at EB. I saw some guy playing a car game on it. I was really impressed with the handling. It looked some smooth and flawless. It looked really fun to play. I really wanna get one so i can try it out for myself. It looks like the wii is going to do very well.

Alright I got my Wii the Sunday it came out. Waiting on line for 5 hours was definitly worth the wait. I have Zelda and Excite Truck, plus the Wii Sports that came with the system. It was a bundle pack at Costco, but still, such a great system. Zelda's controls are amazing, i mean the way you use the controller to aim at the screen when using the hookshot (called the clawshot in the game though), bow and arrows, slingshot, etc., and depending on the way you swing your controller is the way Link will attack. Its really great and innovative and addicting. I just couldn't stop playing it. and for a Nintendo system, I must say, the graphics were really great for that game.At first with excite truck I thought it would be just another racing game. But I was SO wrong. The way you control the car is amazing. You have to tilt the controller left or right to turn, and when you hit a big jump you can tilt the controller forward or back if you want to go nearer or farther in the air. My friends, brother, and I just couldn't stop playing that game. At first it's annoying for us cause we couldn't control the car, but after a while we got used to it and it just grew on us. And the graphics and controls are just smooth and great. It's a really fun game when theres more than one person playing. And for Wii sports, lets just say its really good. Not the best, but not the worst. I mean you can bowl, golf, play tennis, boxing, and baseball. For bowling, you hold the controller like how you normally bowl, and depending on how you flick or turn your wrist is how much curve you'll get on the ball. For baseball, you actually use the controller as a bat and depending on how fast your throwing arm is will determine how fast the pitch is. Golfing is the same like in real life, the wind speed and direction factor, the slopes, putting, driving, etc. Boxing, you use the nunchuck and controller to box. aim high to punch high, aim low to punch low, move right to strafe right, move left to strafe left, put the controllers by your face to block your face, etc. And for tennis you use the controller as a tennis racket. Swing the controller regularly for a regular hit and swing the controller backhand for a backhand hit. These games are just addicting and I can't wait to get more games =]