xisto Community
edandbet

Nintendo Ds & Nintendo Wii & Ds Web Browser

There have been lots of details floating around about this topic of the Wii so I have copied this from Wikipedia to show my fellow gamers:

The Wii console supports wireless connectivity with the Nintendo DS. Shigeru Miyamoto said Nintendo was still working out when features using this connectivity would be available, but that it would be soon after the launch of the system, due to the popularity of the Nintendo DS.[56] At Nintendo's corporate policy meeting in June 2006, Satoru Iwata explained that the DS uses its wireless connectivity to communicate with Wii and that no further accessories will be needed.
The connectivity will allow the player to use functions like the Nintendo DS's microphone and touchscreen as inputs for Wii games. The first example Nintendo has given of a game using Nintendo DS-Wii connectivity is that of Pokémon Battle Revolution. Players with either Pokémon Diamond or Pearl will be able to play battles using their Diamond or Pearl Pokémon on Wii with the Nintendo DS as a controller.[57]

It has also been confirmed that the Nintendo DS will be able to play game demos downloaded from the Wii console which they would receive from Nintendo, similar to a DS Download Station.[56] The console will also be able to update and expand Nintendo DS games.

Most of the newer DS games are being made to support the Wii and as we will be able to download demos of the new games form the Wii I think you will be a lot better off with a DS as well as a Wii.

I have a DS as well and I am considering buying the web browser for it. If anyone here has it could you send me a review please.
Notice from jlhaslip:
added quote tags

Yes, this is a clear violation of the rules.I like this news however - it sounds really cool, and means that I have another option if I lose my Wii controller!

never heard of that but seems really cool. I am really hoping to get a will. I don't have a ds but they are going down in price. But with that cool feature i would really like to get both and see how it works. I also heard you will be able to download old classic super Nintendo games and stuff like that on the wii. But i am not sure it it was true or not.

This is really really old news, pretty much everyone knew about this when the Wii was announced, if not then, they also said so when the Pokemon games were announced. Im pretty sure it was mentioned in the E3 press release as well. But still the DS Web Browser is pointless, unless you are out somewhere where theres no internet access and you really need to use the web then don't bother getting it. You need to be near your computer in order for you to even use Wifi normally so you may aswell go on the computer and use it.As for the DS and Wii connectivity its amazing technologically, just think of what the future holds, although it is like the tablets you can buy for your pc, where you use a touch screen and stylus to control what happens on the monitor, these are most usefull for those who enjoy graphics editing as it gives you more control. Only difference is the Wii and DS communicate wirelessly.

they sell you the web browser, omg, why? If you already bought them a portable nintendo system and a console why would want more money from you and sell you a browser? What other things can you do with the ds and wii?

they are really asking for a lot of money after you purchase the console. It is a really good idea to have the old games to play but it sucks that you have to buy them online. If you already had the game from the old system you shouldn't be required to buy it again to play it on the wii. They also make you buy another controller to play the older games.

They make you pay for the web browser as it isn't made by Nintendo, it is actually made by Opera, the web browser is Opera the same as on PC's. Because it's not Nintendo that developed the web browser they have to charge you for it, i'm sure if it were a browser made by Nintendo then it would more likely be alot cheaper. And TripleH13, you need to think more logically, you say that if you have the original games then they shouldn't charge you but whats stopping someone saying they have the original games but dont and are essentially doing something illegal? Also if you have the original games, why not just play them on the original system if you dont want to pay for them?

Does anyone know what games this works for currently? or is it only Pokemon? Me and several friends have DS's and a couple of my friends have wii's, id love to try it out.