xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
it01y2

Time Help Time Help

I need help to add two timestamps together. Basically I have the current time by usidng the time() function and I want to add the time to attack players on the game I am playing But i am stuck adding the timestamps together, it does not workIf anyone could help me I would be much abliged.

Check this out:

<?php$time_interval = 12; // time_interval in hours$some_time = ($time_interval * 60 * 60);  // in seconds$current_time = time();							  // as unix timestamp$attack_time = $current_time + $some_time; // add them togetherecho 'Current time as UNIX: ' . $current_time . '<br />'; // output to confirmecho 'Time Interval as UNIX: ' . $some_time . '<br />'; // output to confirmecho 'Attack time as UNIX: ' . $attack_time . '<br />'; // output to confirm$old_time = date('Y-m-d@h:i:sa',  $current_time);  // output to confirmecho 'Time Now      :   ' . $old_time . '<br /><br />'; // output to confirm$attack_time = $current_time + ($time_interval * 60 * 60);echo 'When do I attack???  :  ' . date('Y-m-d@H:i:sa',  $attack_time) . '  local';?>
Hope this works for you or explains enough for you to get what you need.
There are ways to shorten it down and get the same results, but I thought you might learn more if the code was broken down to multiple steps. Also, I didn't know if you wanted UNIX or 'readable' time formatting. This gives you an example of each... :blink:

If you know when the Attack is going to take place, why do you need to add it to the current time? Maybe I don't understand something?Do you want to subtract the two to know how many hours away the Attack will be?

Ok this is in detail:People will select how many troops they will send to attack the other player. So the time is created by timing the unit number by the time (which is 00:01:13 per unit)so $time = $_POST[unitsammount] * 00:01:13then I need to add the time($time) to the current time and input it into the database to give me the time which the attack will arive the other player.Thanks Rob