xisto Community
mainvent

Video Games At Year 2026

Imagine what video games will be like 20 years from now.20 years ago they were just very simple easy games like pac-manand frogger,and now look what they have become.What do you believe the future will hold for video games? :blink:

not that much. what could we do to improve them. they already have the best graphics that TV's can handle. not much more to games than that

yea the consoles now all have hd graphics. The best that is possible. But in 2026 there will probally be higher quality tv's so probally by then the chaacters in the game will look exactly how they look on t.v. You probally won't even be able to tell the difference from when your watching t.v and playing a game.

Right now there is a new video tecnology call high definition tv, but notall tv's have it, only the newest ones, that to tv for games there will be higher cualyty of graphics and better games interface, like interactive pc, like the ones in the doom games but in more escale

Edited by contor (see edit history)

I don't know about 20 years but soon it'll all be 3D and you'll be the character in the game doing everything and it'll be like simulation I personally think. Other than that I don't really know what to think, everything is already all online now, maybe soon they'll integrate web cams into video games that are simulated like I said before and you all will be the characters. I don't really know. There are lots of possibilites out there.

Yeah the games could have amazing graphics that could be like watching TV, the characters would seem like real people and just think in the effects..And well, that is on 2026, i wonder how it will be on 2100. I think the games will have another mean by that, it would be all virtual reality and you would be the character inside the game. Yeah that would be so sweet playing a FPS game.

Edited by MIGUE2k7 (see edit history)

Hmm, i think in 20 years we might not have switched over to 3d, but the graphics will look like normal television. I think alot of time and money should be spent on the way game developers make their games. As with the ps3, the consoles have power, but developers aren't taking full advantage of that power because they dont have the means or resources. So unless we want hugely outrageous prices for games, the companies better devise some new software :blink:

the farther we go into the future the better electronics and stuff like that its going to get better. Now we have the best graphics tvs can handle, but the tvs will improve 20 years from now. and so will game graphics. im looking forward to 3-d games where you actually play (not with a controller) but i dont know if that is gonna happen, but that would be cool. but like i said the farther we go into the future the better gaming will get. but nobody really knows what games will be like 20 years from now.

I think the future of games is going to be more than just pretty graphics upgrades personally. Up to this day, every new console has just been a graphical improvement, not much else in my opinion. For some reason, I also think that one day we will be able to be the characters in the game, like some of you have already said. One thing that I would like to see is face scans, where you can scan your face onto a character in the game. The web cam idea sounds cool as well. Maybe not just face scans, but entire body scans and motion sensor technology? The possibilities are endless, but it's always fun to think about the future. :blink:

I think the biggest change 20 years from now in video gaming would be the graphics themseleves. By then animation of people will be so great that it will hopefully look just like TV. I also think sound is going to be greatly improved, with surround sound. The web cam idea and scanning yourself into a game is cool. I also think voice recognition and virtual reality will be technologies that are used in the next-gen games.

Scanning your face in the game? well thats already possible on Tony Hawks underground, you can actually take a screenshoot of your face and insert it to a character static mesh. (well not sure if that is what you mean, but anyway... :blink: )

No one really knows how it will be. But It would be cool, as mainvent and savagemonkeyz14 said, if all new technology would let you actaully let you play as yourself. I mean the new Wii is already going with the hand motion sensor controllers, and that's one of a kind there, so maybe it'll head to that direction. Plus definitely graphics would be enhanced, maybe it'll look as if it's actually real in 3-D. Or maybe it would be like the movie Matrix. I awlays wanted to know how cool it would be if it was like the Matrix, minus the part of dying when you die inside the Matrix, because no one would buy that a system like that for sure (unless your that risk taking and crazy) :blink:

While maybe not in 2026 by 2050 I imagine something much like in the .hack series but to a new level. If any of you have ever read the manwha iD_eNTITY I invision something like that.Full body scanners to make the blank canvas for you online avatarVR Headsets that jack into your senses for full immersion (home use)VR Booths in those game arcades with real nifty networkingRetna scanning Id confirmation (via headset)Sleep (Dream) Mode where you can play your fav MMO while sleepingTrully expansive MMO-type games that grows with the playersEverythign will have a major online componentReally I love the iD_eNTITY manwha and its futuristing gamers :blink:

Other than that I don't really know what to think, everything is already all online now, maybe soon they'll integrate web cams into video games

Yeah the Xbox 360 already has that technology. The only bad thing about that is when you are playing a game like UNO on the Xbox Arcade and you have a girl join the game you tend to have a bunch of old perverted men putting their dicks in front of the camera... A webcam in video games can be a good thing if its used right but when you have a lot of messed up people in the world that kind of stuff happens...

Yeah I agree, it's a cool idea, but there are just too many idiots who play games. I'd love for games to become much more interactive in some way though. The wii is already heading in that direction I think, which is why I'm problably going to buy one. Maybe in the future they will be able to record real life environments and implement them into games somehow.