xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
feipoh

My New Job

HelloGet myself a new job, is very different then my last job. This is my second week here but i really enjoying my job so far. Lynda the receptionist, she is walsh, she is really helpful, show me a lot of stuffs and we get on really well. hmm.. the only down side is that the accountant is "mental"... last week, 4 days into my job, I was staying behind late, trying to catch up thing, when every one left the office, she suddenly screming at me "abusively" as if i am her "neighbour from hell for the last 30 years"..I was so scared, dont know what to do, called my team leader's mobile, nobody answered, called my manager's mobile nobody answered, eventually i get through my big boss.Is so weird, one moment she is sweet sweet the next moment she looks like she wanted to kill me.I later being informed that she did that before.My boss said he will have a word with her. mm.. I think she needs to visit the doctor.

what was the altercation all about? did the accountant say why she became mental on you? is it about you staying behind late? lucky for you in finding and working in a job you enjoy. that is one thing, but having an officemate who you can't easily get along with is another... may be a future reason you will come to dislike your job. good thing the big boss is looking into your situation personally. :blink: hope the matter is all settled by now or will be soon. anyway, what's the nature of your job now?

Whoa @_@ that sounds pretty freaky.. Are you sure she wasn't just joking around with you? Some people have a baaad sense of humor you know, they think everything is funny, and they themselves laugh the loudest while the rest is just staring at the situation with their eyebrows raised. They are actually kind of rude, since they can't estimate when it's appropiate to do silly stuff, and when it's not. How many times did she do that before? And to who exactly? Maybe it's her weird way of playing a prank / scaring the *BLEEP* out of newbies at work. She might be totally bored out of her mind. Did you talk to her personally about it? Since she is being sweet sometimes, she must somehow be able to explain the oddnesses of her behavior to you, right? To me it sounds as if she has multiple personalities...Anyway, don't let her impress you too much eh? In need of a doctor visit or just totally anti-social, that sort of people isn't worth your attention and the raise of your emotions and blood pressure :blink: I'm curious to the end of the story, when your boss has had a word with her :wacko:

lol stay away from here! It's nice to see that you found a job that you enjoy. It seems so hard to find those today. Some weird things like that you will just have to deal with and hopefully you will get used to the "mental" person and she will be nicer to you. If you ever don't like it, just watch Office Space lol that's a good movie. Anyways, it seems like you are fitting in well and have fun at your job.

Accountant....staying behind...overtime....hmmm...maybe she was just being a bean counter. Aside from the joke, I know the feeling. I work for someone that is way too hyper and wants to do 50 things now so he can make more money. Causes me a lot of headaches because I come from more of a planning background where you sit down for five minutes about it, step out the process, and then go do it. We ordered some furniature. Well it didn't end up getting delievered...at elast not all of it. Turns out he didn't itimize what he wanted and the person punching in the numbers missed a couple peices. So I'm getting yelled at....then he wants to return it and it's special order, so no returns....then wanted to get lawyers involved. A week later we finally got all the pieces in, everything's together, but made him late to another appointment because he wants things done now even when not humanly possbile and schedules too many things to do without building in margins for error. So I know how the nice one moment, blastic the next.

yeah work... isn't it crazy huh? I've been working in Stokes (yep... the greengrocers) for about the last 6 months, and I've finally got the hang of all the codes on the tills, how to use them, all the correct procedures, unloading the trucks and stacking the fridges - basically the whole job, and I can go to work now without any worries, although I don't neccessarily enjoy it. I just wanted to say about the women that had a go at you... At the end of the day, you shouldn't worry about people like that. It's obvious that she had something going on in her life, but the fact is that your still paid to work even when she's yelling at you. Just don't take it personally mate, it's obvious that your in a good working environment, because you can ring your boss and everything without worrying, so I just wouldn't let it stop you, because she's obviously got problems. People get like that. Bottom line is that your paid to work there, your gaining no matter how crap the day becomes, and you can leave, when ever you wish without permission (walk out basically) if needs be. Just bare in mind your working rights... Best of luck with the new job! Sean.

Sometimes it's best to just smile and walk away. Of course, it sure would have been nice to have a video cell phone and caught her going crazy. That would make a nice email to your boss!

Thats pretty freaky, I'd like lock myself in my office if I had someone like that walking around. It reminds me of a time when I went to my friends house and they were having trouble with people down the street they would try to scare everybody away from the local park etc, one day when I was there we went down there and they started verbally abusing us, we went back to our house and locked the door behind us. A couple of minutes later they were all around the front of the house banging on the door, windows, and garage door saying let us in. It was really freaky, I was shouting "You're trespassing, get out or we'll call the police". We called the flatmates mum and she must have called my friends parents and then they eventually left. It was really freaky though, my friends mum's boyfriend is a security guard so he called a police contact and they were tresspassed from their property and they were planning on doing a petition to get them banned from the park. Soon after my friend moved house though, so they were free from the "freaky people from the park".Sorry for invading your rant, I thought I'd share a similar experience ;)

Lol, I would have been scared to death. Was she still screaming at you will you were trying to contact your boss? Maybe she had to stay overtime also because of you and she got really upset. She could have said something though, in case she had something really important to do. That way both of you could have stayed over time some other day.

lol sounds alot like my job....I started mine like the 12th of December... working on weekends as a busboy from 7am-4pm.... the money is great an all... its 6.15 an hour plus 20 a day in tips... any ways the first couple of days are ok... except for that the general manager wasnt there... with her around its like my comfort zone... but i managed... the next weekend 3 days into my job... the other busboy gets fired for stealing tips... I was already being told i was "slow" and that "i need to get faster because the waitress' are having to sweep and mop..." says a waitress... something gets said to the GM and i get informed that it isn't my job to sweep and mop the whole store... Anyways, loosing the other busboy didn't help the situation... the 4th day my sister gets hired... she is going to be training to be the manager of the store in Fayetteville... because thats where she lives... let me remind you this is about the 20th of December... She has to train down here in Aberdeen which is like... 50 miles away... she was also told she would be making $100+ in tips per day... well.. she was told the store in Fayetteville was supposed to open in early january... She starts training... she starts getting tips... she is only making $65... so she is mad...any ways we get towards the middle of january and ... still no store in fayetteville... she talks to the district manager and he tells her that it will be another 16 weeks... meanwhile she isnt making enough money to pay for gas and her bills... She is also having issues with the GM's sister who is also a waitress... they have been threatening to "stomp each other's #@$" in the parking lot for quite sometime... now my brother is getting a job at the restaurant... so the sister quits.... my brother gets moved to the one in southern pines and there in the next week the managers are going to be changing and alot of waitresses will be fired and i will be in the middle to deal with the customer's when they find out... and boy... the regulars can get themselves wound up...Drama in the workplace >.<.... if you want to read the rest of the story, buy my award winning essay titled "Breakfast... Anytime" that i am writing for my english class >.< (Sarcasm)

Recently i have finished my Bachelor degree in Information Management. As soon as my bachelor degree i have got new job called Teaching. I like teaching job because i can share my knowledge and experience with my fellow students. I am having close bond relation with my students. Students too are doing great and learning wisely. My teaching experience has been a good experience for me.