xisto Community
psychiccyberfreak

What Ttf Fonts Are There On The Server

hey, I'm making a PHP script that generates an image with random text in it (to prevent spambots), and I need a TTF font to use it, but I'm not sure which ones are on the server. here's the code I need it for if it helps, I'm a linux guy but don't know much about where it looks for it:

<?php$font = ".ttf"; // This is the font I need$font_size = 10;$angle = 0;$box = imagettfbbox($font_size, $angle, $font, $_SESSION['rand_code']);$x = (int)($imgX - $box[4]) / 2;$y = (int)($imgY - $box[5]) / 2;imagettftext($image, $font_size, $angle, $x, $y, $text_col, $font, $_SESSION['rand_code']);//then prints out the image?>

Oh yeah, and by the way, the live support on Xisto - Web Hosting is terrible.

Why don't you use the standard fonts Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif combo. But I do believe you have to upload the fonts yourself to your account in order to use them that way. I don't think hosting accounts come with a standard font package except for the 3 i just mention.

Try PHPInfo it may answer your question.. although i dont recall any thing on php info telling you what fonts you have on your server. Also you probably knew this already, but to have an image verification box the server requires GD installed on it.

Oh yeah, and by the way, the live support on Xisto - Web Hosting is terrible.

It depends on what type of questions you have for the support techs and how you present them. Xisto - Web Hosting provides 3 channels for Support. Helpdesk, Chat and Forum.

Helpdesk is used for technical errors and server related queries.
Chat is used for Cpanel and website related problems. However, one cannot expect a network admin to know all the programming languages used on the web.
As far as Forums as concerned, its best for website related (graphics, designing, html, programming...) queries

Thanks