xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Shunkan Idou

Layout Request Please, I really need help

I'm planning on reviving my old site: CorruptedAnime by Christmas. Sadly, most of my staff is gone, and the layout that I had done for the site when I was originally trying to revive it, is gone. Also, I don't have a copy of photoshop anymore, and I don't have enough money to buy another copy. I'm also very busy in school now (I finally have a social life, along with 4 AP courses :blink:;;:wacko: so it's hard for me to get any work done on my site. The layout is basicly the hardest part. I can do pretty much everything else, such as content ect, since I have that already done somewhere on my backup harddrive.

So, if you can find the kindness in your heart, please design and code a layout for me. I will make sure to give you credit, but I cannot pay you with actual money. I can give you a spot on my staff as the GFX man, and you won't have to do anything, but that's pretty much it.

If you do decide to create a layout for me, look at http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ (the "professional" style) and use that as a basis for what you are making. Incase you can't do something like that, just do something small and compact. I don't need anything big and bulky, just something that's easy to browse, and not to big and bandwidth consuming. Something smaller and artistic would be prefered. But, if you can, just look at the site that I mentioned before, and base your work off of that.

I'd prefer a dark-themed website at the moment, and it has to be anime based. I guess if you want to choose one anime to base the banner off, you could use Death Note, since that's what all the people are going crazy over right now. If you want to do a multi-anime theme, I'd prefer that you use something from Naruto, Bleach, Rurouni Kenshin, and early Dragonball.

Sorry if it seems like I'm asking for too much, but if you read over this, you'll realize that it's just a simple request, and it shouldn't be to hard.

Please fufill this request. I really need your help.

Give me till tomorrow, and I'll see what I can come up with.

Seriously? If you aren't joking, then thank you! This would be impossible with all of the work that I have to do. I don't know what I can give you in return if you really do this. What do you want (other than money :blink:;:wacko:?

Umm... You didn't forget, did you? You said one day, and it's been almost a week now. I don't want to rush you, but can you please give me some sort of status report?

If he won't do it, i will. I've already finished filling out the other layout request, so i have more time to make you a layout. If anything i'll try to catch KuBi on AIM to remind him. :blink:

Oh my oh my. I'm so sorry. I got caught up in other work. I actually think I'm finished, so lemme upload it and give it to you real quick.I'll slice it and stuff for you to, since I'm so late...Sorry, I hope you like it, if it's nto what you're looking for I'm sure truefusion would be able to help you out.Here it is;

Ooh! Very nice. I like it. I may use it, but I'd like to see what truefusion is able to do first.

Truefusion: If you take on the job, can you try putting the Navigation on the side, and make it look some-what like DbzDivx's "profesional" layout? It doesn't have to be as good, but it would be good if you could get it close to that.

[hr=noshade]

Update!

I just did some research on how the layout that I want to base mine off of is done. I'm pretty sure that it uses some sort of css style sheet, which I know nothing about. I've come to this conclusion from pure speculation, and a bit of testing.

If you could create a css based layout, that would be great. Hopefully it will make it look a lot better.

Also, I've decided to give a few more specifications so you guys don't have to guess when making this. Can you make the font that's mainly used Verdana?[/hr]

Notice from truefusion:
Merged.

I know nothing about CSS. So I think truefusion or someone else may have to take care of this. Sorry man.

I just did some research on how the layout that I want to base mine off of is done. I'm pretty sure that it uses some sort of css style sheet, which I know nothing about. I've come to this conclusion from pure speculation, and a bit of testing.

Yes, the "professional" layout currently present at DBZdivx.com can be done with pure CSS--all, except for the banner. The banner (and any affiliate buttons, hehe) is the only thing that can't be done with the help of CSS.

I will see what i can do. :blink:

Yes, the "professional" layout currently present at DBZdivx.com can be done with pure CSS--all, except for the banner. The banner (and any affiliate buttons, hehe) is the only thing that can't be done with the help of CSS.
I will see what i can do. :blink:

Don't worry about the buttons, I can handle those, and the banner doesn't have to be as good as theirs. All I really need is the basic layout template.

Download: via PM.OK, i did the layout, and the banner. Hope you don't mind a dark greenish color scheme (kinda jungle-like; but works great with the banner :rolleyes:). Just one thing, though: IE (Internet Explorer) does not render it properly. Looks great in Firefox and Opera, though :). I left comments in the HTML for convenience.

Thank you VERY much. That was exactly what I was looking for. The color scheme chnage is okay too. I didn't want it to look like I was copying EVERYTHING.Can I just request a bit of help though?I was wondering... Could you make me a striped backround that matches the color scheme that you made that looks like theirs? And also, can you tell me how to split up the section below the banner into 3 parts? Thank you.

[1]Could you make me a striped backround that matches the color scheme that you made that looks like theirs? [2]And also, can you tell me how to split up the section below the banner into 3 parts?

[1]What kind of angle do you want it in? And how thick the stripes you want them? And do you want them far apart or close to each other?[2]Find the comments where it says MAIN PANEL in the source. You'll find two divisions. Replace them with a table that has two rows, and three columns. The table should have the class "panel" on it. The columns in the first row should all have the class "head" on them. Then add the following code to the CSS file "style.css":
table.panel {padding: 3px;margin-bottom: 10px;background: #505405;}td.head {color: #ffd700;display: block;margin-bottom: 3px;padding: 3px;text-align: left;background: #5e6306;font-weight: bold;}
That should do it.

[1]What kind of angle do you want it in? And how thick the stripes you want them? And do you want them far apart or close to each other?[2]Find the comments where it says MAIN PANEL in the source. You'll find two divisions. Replace them with a table that has two rows, and three columns. The table should have the class "panel" on it. The columns in the first row should all have the class "head" on them. Then add the following code to the CSS file "style.css":

table.panel {padding: 3px;margin-bottom: 10px;background: #505405;}td.head {color: #ffd700;display: block;margin-bottom: 3px;padding: 3px;text-align: left;background: #5e6306;font-weight: bold;}
That should do it.

For the backround, I guess it should just resemble the one currently on my page, but with a different color scheme.

My current page is: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

And, about the thing that you said I have to do for top to be split into 3... How exactly do I create a table? Sorry... I new to most of this. My HTML isn't as good as it was 2 years ago...

Also, thank you for all of your help. I never would've imagined that I'd get this much help this easily. I thought I'd have to go around searching for help and tutorials and have to put together myself.
Edited by Shunkan Idou (see edit history)

After a long time tinkering with the source, I've managed to get this far.
The current code for the section I need help on is here:

<!-- MAIN PANEL// --><table border="0" class="panel" align="top center" width="100%"><td class="head" valign="top">Member's Area</td><td></td><td class="head" valign="top">Site Statistics</td><td></td><td class="head" valign="top">Support Us</td><td></td></tr><tr><td align="left">row 2, cell 1</td></tr><tr><td align="center">row 2, cell 2</td></tr><tr><td align="right">row 2, cell 3</td></tr></table><!-- //MAIN PANEL -->

Can you please explain to me what I'm doing wrong?