xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
fr0z3n

Universe And Space Another Dimension

Do you think Space is another dimension where we can open a portal and warp to visit other planets thousands of lightyears away from us or visit other dimensions. Do you think God is somewhere in space? Its sounds like its impossible but it still have some points that you can say it is possible.

Space isn't another dimension...just think of it as being a contenant, with earth being another, smaller one.And it is possible that God, or which ever deity/s you believe in, can actually be found somewhere in space.

I guess something like that will probably not be proven in our lifetimes. Sure, lots of people can say things about it, but I doubt it will hapen in less than another 100 years

I think space should be seen as the ocean, uncrossable without a boat or spaceship. Dimensions are just science fiction I think, no-one has ever come close to prove anythign about this and I think no-one will be able to because tampering with these kind of stuff often lead to destruction.. I'm sure by time the human civilisation will be able to travel as fast as light, maybe even faster, but according to Einstein this isn't possible, however in almost every case there are exceptions. Once we can travel faster than light (which is gonna take a long time to research the technology how to do that) it will take years to find other civilisations in outer space (if there are any) because there are no planets like earth anywhere close to us, but then again, who says every creature needs to live in a earth like envirement to survive.. There are many mysteries about space...

The outer space sure is a very interesting (and vast) place, it sure could get lonely out there at times (a completely horrifying isolation, as I found out in a nightmare) :blink:If there is any omnipotent being capable of influencing matter from great distances, I'd instinctively assume that this "god" itself should also reisde within matter-space, that is, within the confines of the universe. However, thinking deeper, it could also be possible that such an orchestrator could only control the universe as we know it if one is situated completely outside the universe itself.Think of it as a cauldron of soup. If we ourselves are inside the cauldron, we cannot boil the soup and we can hardly even "stir" it. If, however, we place ourselves outside the cauldron, we can now boil the soup, freeze it, stir it and, generally, do what we want with it.Another interesting thought about space... is there an actual "center" of the universe? See here, electrons orbit atoms; particles in the earth's mantle and inner core "orbit" the center of the earth. The moon orbits the earth. The earth orbits the sun. The sun orbits the center of the Milky Way. It's not too hard to imagine galaxies whizzing through space orbitting each other. Might there actually be a hyper-center around which all things in the universe ultimately move about? Just a thought :wacko:

I think God is nowhere because I don't belive he even exist. About space..... well I can't say anythin about it. If you say things based on your body's abilities to interact with the universe you will probably find out that it's just nothing. THat's right, nothing, it doesn't exist, no dimensions, just free space where materia and energy can go through. But who knows what we're gonna find out in the next years, maybe we find out that it is nothing like we thought and maybe even we can find out some way to move from a place to another without speed or any of this kind of energy. It is very possible but it is also impossible, I don't know, it's just too complex. Maybe it's something simple but our biological beings can't notice it.I think we're gonna destroy the Earth before we can find out all this stuff though. By the way I am sure we will :blink:

I think we can find heavan, but it is tooo far away from us! So we will never find it.God is beyound the place and time, he created them just for that we can live. But time and place are just like objects like creatures but we are trapped inside and we can't get out not even in a million year.But when you will die, I think, that you will go to someplace ( it is not a place but something) so this soomething is not a place nor a specific time. It is nowhere!! Or maybe the fourth dimension, who knows?!!

Personally, I think that we may never leave our solar system, at least not directly in this dimension. There is EVIDENCE that other dimensions exist, but not solid proof, and these other dimensions may not be other inverses conveniently hidden beneath a layer of space-time, as we imagine they are, thanks to science fiction.

In my mind, the only way we'll be visiting other solar systems is if we either enter another dimension in which time and/or space are different relative to our dimension (i.e., move an inch there and you move a mile relative to here), or some kind of space-time fold (it would be like getting from one side of a piece of fabric to another by folding the sides so they touch one another, then piercing through the fabric from one side to another with a needle). Otherwise, I think we're a bunch of amoebas stuck in a sealed petri dish, trying to get into another sealed petri dish on a different table, across the room. There are many hurtles to cross, and it's a big, cold, empty world out there.

In my mind, the only way we'll be visiting other solar systems is if we either enter another dimension in which time and/or space are different relative to our dimension (i.e., move an inch there and you move a mile relative to here), or some kind of space-time fold (it would be like getting from one side of a piece of fabric to another by folding the sides so they touch one another, then piercing through the fabric from one side to another with a needle). Otherwise, I think we're a bunch of amoebas stuck in a sealed petri dish, trying to get into another sealed petri dish on a different table, across the room. There are many hurtles to cross, and it's a big, cold, empty world out there.

It's not necessarily the only way we could reach other solar systems. (By "we" I mean the humanity and not you and I, personally.) See, the problem lies in reaching other solar systems before resources run out. With today's spaceships, it is far nigh impossible to do so. However, what if we pushed the earth into "overdrive", that is, harnessed a massive propulsion system to speed up the earth in its orbit until it reaches escape velocity and catapults itself outta the solar system. Like, if we can't build a spacheship large enough to be a home away from home, let's just take our home itself and go exploring.

Well, of course, if we did that, we'd lose much of the energy we got from the sun and life systems would eventually go down but if we managed to "culture" resources independent of the sun (like mutated sulfur-feeding plants or volcanic yeast) we could, in theory, survive the loong journey into other stellar systems.

Or we could just up and invent a warp engine/teleport machine to get us there in under an hour.

See, we're not so isolated after all (theoretically). If we were amoebae reaching out to another petri dish, we could synthesize gunpowder (I know it seems absurd but for the sake of illustration, bear with me) to blast our own petri dish right onto the other one.

Or we could just up and invent a warp engine/teleport machine to get us there almost instantly.

Still, as my whacked analogies above show, it'd be possible but it'd also mean we'd have to work together as a specie. It'd mean we'd have to resolve our petty issues first like war, crime, corruption, debts, fistfights, pranks and other silly stuff, dont you think? :blink:

I think space should be seen as the ocean, uncrossable without a boat or spaceship. Dimensions are just science fiction I think, no-one has ever come close to prove anythign about this and I think no-one will be able to because tampering with these kind of stuff often lead to destruction.. I'm sure by time the human civilisation will be able to travel as fast as light, maybe even faster, but according to Einstein this isn't possible, however in almost every case there are exceptions. Once we can travel faster than light (which is gonna take a long time to research the technology how to do that) it will take years to find other civilisations in outer space (if there are any) because there are no planets like earth anywhere close to us, but then again, who says every creature needs to live in a earth like envirement to survive.. There are many mysteries about space...

space will be very intresting to go i will like to be there thankgod i am doing science

Salamangkero, it's not even just a problem of resources. As far as we know, light travel is impossible, and even if it were possible, there are very limited options for fuel for such a high-energy system, and then again, stars are decades away even moving at the speed of light. Most stars we wouldn't be able to reach within our lifetimes even going many times the speed of light and even those ones, "close" as they may be (relative to us, anyway) don't have any proof of having earth-like planets, and then even if so, there are slim chances that there would be life, and even if there was, the chances of multicellular life, let alone intelligent life, is minuscule. Ridiculously so.

Salamangkero, it's not even just a problem of resources. As far as we know, light travel is impossible, and even if it were possible, there are very limited options for fuel for such a high-energy system, and then again, stars are decades away even moving at the speed of light. Most stars we wouldn't be able to reach within our lifetimes even going many times the speed of light and even those ones, "close" as they may be (relative to us, anyway) don't have any proof of having earth-like planets, and then even if so, there are slim chances that there would be life, and even if there was, the chances of multicellular life, let alone intelligent life, is minuscule. Ridiculously so.

Of course it ain't all just about resources. Right now, light-speed travel is impossible but what's to say it won't be a reality in the oh-so-far future? (That is, in the event we haven't blown ourselves up and torn the planet inside out yet) Also, I said we, humanity, not you and I, might be able to reach other stellar systems. Not in your lifetime, nor mine, certainly, but maybe in someone else's lifetime?

Besides, there was no talk about finding earth-like planets. Seriously, why do most people believe extrasolar planets to be only as good as repositories of alien life? I mean, we could go there for the sake of exploration or having been there, like our ancestors did. Or we could go there to colonize the planet and make good use of its resources, like our ancestors also did back then. Like, if life doesn't exist there, we'd introduce life into it. Maybe we'd farm and grow giant beanstalks there.

See, outer space is not just always about warp drive or alien life. We are so heavily influenced by pop culture (yes, me included :wacko:) Just... don't assume we always want or, heaven forbid, need to find intelligent life-forms out there. We might just actually wanna go take a stroll through the universe :blink:

I don't think we can open up a portal. But we need to find some way to look though or go into a black hole. I think that is the portal of the universe. I think our galxy is huge but we can only see so far. I think we could keep going and going to the end and find many other life forms.

It's not even been proven that black holes exist.And whether or not there is extraterrestrial life, there is still the issue of getting somewhere, but even if there wasn't, it would certainly allow for humanity to expand, for better or worse. Imagine - the entire universe colonized by humanity. I can see it now: Universe-wide News Bulletin: Human Population Reaches One Sextillion.

Edited by Cerebral Stasis (see edit history)

Blackholes do exist. True, we cannot directly observe them but their existence is evidenced by their effects on surrounding matter. However, we cannot even be sure that blackholes actually are portals and even if they were, I don't think I'd like to enter a door leading to a room I don't even know where. Heck, I can't even look inside 'coz it's a blackhole! There's nothing to see at all!

It would certainly be a charming idea to colonize the universe but I think inhabiting other planets might also make us evolve into different species ourselves. For example, if we live on nearby Mars (bear with me for the sake of illustration), the cold climate would favor those of us covered with more body hair. A thousand, or a million years from that and we'd have two different species: the h0m0-sapiens, as we know them, equipped for Earthian-life and h0m0-ares, the "Martian humans", the hairy ape-like creatures able to thrive in a rusty-dusty frigid environment. That'd sure be interesting, ne? :blink:

Edited by salamangkero (see edit history)