xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
rldowling03

Moving To Computinghost : From Trap17 Affordable Web Hosting

Ok well i am enjoying my time immensly on Xisto but i think it is time i moved on from that onto Xisto - Web Hosting as i eard some good things. Ok well first is it possible to move all my files from my Xisto acccount over to my Xisto - Web Hosting account if i get it? as I have alot of files and i dont have it on my computer and is just one big hassle. Also can i pay via paypal or check?? as they are my 2 most common types of playment i can make. Also would the server be more reliable as I noticed recently that Xisto been dropping out and i cannot access my site for like an hour or so and just been apening alot lately, not that I mind but would really like to know if it is more reliable. Thanks if you can help, now off I go to cpomputinghost.com

Notice from jlhaslip:
edit title. Was stretching the display

is it possible to move all my files from my Xisto acccount over to my Xisto - Web Hosting account if i get it?

Once your account is completely set, you can request host to host migration using 24/7 online tech line at Xisto - Web Hosting.com :blink:

can i pay via paypal or check??

PayPal can be a method of payments. No checks.

the server be more reliable

Theta server is as reliable as gamma. Of course if a customer abuses certain parts, i.e. SQL, Xisto - Web Hosting cannot be liable for that. However, 24/7 techs are hard at work to restore servers under 1 hour.

There is a good explanation for what happend to gamma and theta servers yesterday/today. More information coming in Xisto - Web Hosting > Announcements.

Ok thanks, I was considering getting the $30 a year one or the $3.33 or $7.77 one a month ones not sure but hopefully going to change next month. Would the host to host migration cost?? Also if I already ave a domain name bought with a optinom and when it expires next year in june or july, can i switch my domain name over to Xisto - Web Hosting and buy it form their and have it automatically renew each year?? One more question is that, if I decide that the package i picked is not enough bandwith or disk space, can i change my package??

Also if I already ave a domain name bought with a optinom and when it expires next year in june or july, can i switch my domain name over to Xisto - Web Hosting and buy it form their and have it automatically renew each year??

Domain name get tied up in an after expiration jumble of hassles all the time, they have a renew period where you can pick your domain back up, then tey try and auction it off then it finally goes back into the pool and you can re-register it. Having said that you have two options, since your not expiring until next year you should point your DNS name servers to here and then when you are getting ready to expire there is always an option to transfer your domain name, I am not sure of the exact price but I know you buy another year of domain here at around 7-8 dollars. You can buy it in bigger packages then that too like 5 years because it is cheaper that way after all and you don't have to worry about renewing. Just don't let your domain expire then re-register it because it gets tied up for a month and sometimes more.

One more question is that, if I decide that the package i picked is not enough bandwith or disk space, can i change my package??

From what I rembember it is really easy to upgrade your package. If you go over your bandwidth, extra is cheap. Can't remember the exact price, but it is very cheap.

To simplify answers to your questions:

Would the host to host migration cost??

OpaQue will do this Free for one time. Please contact support [at] Xisto - Web Hosting [dot] com once you are ready to migrate. Allow few days for complete the process and provide Xisto - Web Hosting with current and future login information.

Also if I already ave a domain name bought with a optinom and when it expires next year in june or july, can i switch my domain name over to Xisto - Web Hosting and buy it form their and have it automatically renew each year??

This is called a domain transfer. Yes you can do that. Visit https://xisto.com/ and you can start the transfer now to avoid any domain expiring headache. Your domain purchased from Xisto - Web Hosting will stay active as long as your bill is current.

One more question is that, if I decide that the package i picked is not enough bandwith or disk space, can i change my package??

Absolutely. Please allow 2-3 business days for upgrade to go through. Simply contact sales or support [at] Xisto - Web Hosting [dot] com with a notification and you shall receive an instruction. Or you can pre-pay for the upgrade cost and send an email to support [at] Xisto - Web Hosting [dot] com

Ok thanks you guys, you both been a really great help on this topic and has definately made me excited for when the day comes that I am payed to my paypal and can finally buy my first paid hosting, I think I will go with the $7.77 a month one as it got plenty of bandwith for me to add music downloads to my site and opefully wont go over. Also one more question is if I buy some domains from Xisto - Web Hosting, can i make it so they are forwarded to a different url?? I know optinom do it but does Xisto - Web Hosting??

if I buy some domains from Xisto - Web Hosting, can i make it so they are forwarded to a different url??

Yes, of course.

You can do one of two things: One, you can purchase DNS control panel for $0.99 and you can modify nameserver, A, MX CNAME records on your own. Or two, send an email to support and state the desired nameserver or forward to wherever you'd like.

Ok thanks, I would say thats all, but its not as I have a few more questions which I was going to ask in the live chat but noone would talk to me and i waited over alf an our. On features page it says it has pre-installed forums, im guessing in Fantastico, and in the list it says PHPBB, Invision, YaBB etc. What is the version of INvision on it, Im Hoping your gonna say something in the 2 version but would doubt it as I would need to pay but thought i would ask. Also if my bandwith gets run out or I think it is going to run out, is there a way so i can enable it to automatically buy more or do i need to do it manually or what do i need to do? Thanks again BuffaloHHELP you been a really great help

On features page it says it has pre-installed forums, im guessing in Fantastico, and in the list it says PHPBB, Invision, YaBB etc. What is the version of INvision on it,

Cpanel of Xisto - Web Hosting is identical to Xisto cpanel (except Xisto - Web Hosting provides SSH telnet). What you see in your Xisto cpanel is exact same thing (pre-installed scripts) to Xisto - Web Hosting. Therefore, Invision Power Board is no longer an option in Fantastico. This is between Invision and Fantastico licensing agreement.

Also if my bandwith gets run out or I think it is going to run out, is there a way so i can enable it to automatically buy more or do i need to do it manually or what do i need to do?

Contact support [at] Xisto - Web Hosting [dot] com for all purchasing and upgrading issues (as mentioned before). Please allow 2-3 business days to complete your transaction. So plan ahead; and plan ahead.

Thanks again BuffaloHHELP you been a really great help

You're welcome :blink: And my thanks to all who replied for helping rldowling03.