xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
phpfreek

Access Your Pc From Anywhere !

Hey guys, i heard there was a program called something like "pc anywhere" that lets you access your pc from anywhere ! ... on condition that it is turned on ... however, this would cost you some money !Well, if you are intrested, you can do that for free ... and with a better service ...This is how :You simply install your own server on your pcThen you install a "managing" script that will let you create, upload, download and even edit file ...You go to any pc in the world, access your server by writing your ip adress in the web browser, accessthe script, and you're good to go :blink:I use that and it is very nice ...Try it yourself and tell me what you think ...

Well because I have Windows XP Professional Edition on my desktop computer, I can do that for free. I just have to get on any Windows computer, (XP) and then open the Remote Desktop, type in my Computer IP, username, and password, and I'm in. It's a lot easier I think than downloading all that stuff. I can use all my programs. I'd like to look more into the program you are talking about but if it costs money I don't think I'll get it. I don't really have a need for it at this point in time anyway. But if it's better than Remote Desktop then who knows.

Oh, right on. I could've used this thread a few days when I was at a friend's house. I needed some files for a Private Diablo II server that I administrate, and they're stored at home on my computer. I was trying to get my brother to send them to me on MSN, but yeah... Didn't go so well.I'll try all of the ones mentioned above, and then give a review of each when I'm done.Thanks guys.