xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
the_aggie10

About Dell Services

ok. so does Dell only make computers? or do they have 'pre-made' computers? because the only time i ever hear anyone speak about dell is when they say they got them to make one. but i have seen some that look as if they were pre-made. so do they make special orders only? or have ones already ready?

I am not sure what other line they are into except making computers, one of the cheapest around too. But have you ever heard of the saying, "you pay for what you get". Though Dell is cheap, but I seriously do not trust their reliability. Remember the case of Dell laptops exploding because of their battery? I sure do not want to take the risk with them. So if you are thinking of purchasing a Dell-ready made computer, think again. Look at other choices like HP, Acer. Not really sure what are the brands which produce desktops. I am more familar with laptops (Sony Vaio, Ienovo, Isus, Acer, HP, Samsung, Toshiba, Fujitsu ... etc)

I have a Dell computer and I have never had a problem with it once. My whole family has Dells, although we don't all have the cheapest models available.

emember the case of Dell laptops exploding because of their battery? I sure do not want to take the risk with them.

Those batteries weren't made by Dell, they were made by Sony.
Edited by ghostrider (see edit history)

The Dell HD I believe is made by Hitachi or something like that.It is true that Dell computers are kinda cheap, mines an Inspiron 6000 which I got around two years ago. I find that it isn't that good. For example, the 'Enter' key got very wiggly 2 months after I bought it. I contacted customer support and they gave me instructions on how to fix it, saying that if it caused any more problems they would replace the keyboard.Well, now in two years the key looks in place, but I have to be more patient while pressing it. So in other words it is half broken seeing that I usually use two big fingers instead of a pinky finger to click it.Other then that, it's fine I guess. It is a bit ugly though and I have the new version design...I wouldn't suggest getting Dell.

My Dells have lasted me for over two years so far and are still going strong. The batteries were recalled in the first place it was just people didn't happen to see the recall but like said before they were made by Sony I think. My computers were pretty cheap but they are also high quality and haven't broken down or anything, my whole family owns Dells and we haven't had a problem yet. No they don't just make premade computers. If you go to their web site you can custom make one. They also have a music player called the Dell DJ. They sell TV's, pocket PC's, and I'm sure I'm missing some things.