xisto Community
alexviii

Saddam Hussein

Death penalty?  

26 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just saw the verdict Video. I, as cristian, I'm against death penalty in any case, as we have no right to take life of eny one: in any case. so that death penalty is a crime under the law of God. In any case, as man, I think that there are other penaltys even worse. So, because I'm not iranian and I'm not arab, I like to kinow what all the world (sepecialy arabs) thinks about that... 10x

Edited by alexviii (see edit history)

Bye saddam, we will not miss you. I hope he will be burnt in Hell till eternity.That's my opinion as a muslim but not as an arab. Because what is said in the Quaur'an is : The killer must be killed. So saddam killed lots of innocent people that's why he should be dead and death is not a judgement, but only God kudge people and he know all what saddam did, and will judge him. We (human) sent saddam to the after life.

This is a tricky one for anyone to pass judgement on I guess.In the East hanging is acceptable punishment for murder etc..and ofc Saddam has killed soo many hes got a death sentance 1000000 over...In the west we are kinda shocked by death sentances unless your a texan that is....So we are imposing all kinds of "democracy" in Iraq at the moment and really messing up thier laws and beliefs that they have held for centuries and this is causing a real big mess..I belive teh Quaur'an says the a killer must be killed..Half of me thinks that we should let him be hung as this will allow the Iraqi people what they want and desire..prolly most Iraqis want it to happen in the main public square in Baghdad and have it televised for all the world to see...But the other half is more humane and thinks it would be a good idea to do what the west did to the Nazis convicted in the Nuremberg trails after the 2nd wold war.We locked these guys up in prisons that they were alone in..no intearction with anyone that wasnt a soldier sent there to protect them from escape..These days I guess they equivalant would be the Amercians to take Saddam to the Guantanamo "prison" and torture him for years..So really I cant say which is better...I think both ways are bad...but so is killing hundreds of thousands people and destroying a proud nation...

Edited by MarkyMark (see edit history)

I would give him a life sentence. I disagree with capital punishment mainly because sometimes innocent people die but also because we have no right to take someones life away from them. Unfortunately it is not for me to decide, it for the the Iraqi people

I disagree with capital punishment mainly because sometimes innocent people die but also because we have no right to take someones life away from them.

But we already know that Saddam isn't innocent, so we can't make a mistake. Also, why should he have the right to take thousands of peoples' lives if we can't take his?

I say he should burn in Hell for all eternity, no doubt that's where he'll go when he dies.

Since it is the United States putting him on trial I would believe in giving him the life sentence. Just because he made people suffer doesn't mean we should torture him in the electric chair or whatever. We should do what we would do to any other person. Personally I would hang him but I would do what's right in the end and just give him the life sentence.

well, i am not an arab.. . but i voted to shoot himi say we should put him against a wall, and line 30+ people with machine guns sit there and shoot the hell out of him in places that wont kill him, then wait a minute and shoot him where it will kill him.I only think this because he has done great evil before, and the death penelaty should be pursued

He was the leader of an entire country and he acted in irresponsibly and ended thousands of lives so why can't we end his? especially as he is definitely guilty.

When the Iraqis heard of his sentence they were as jubilant as the day his power was taken away from him. For most of their lives these Iraqis have been living in fear and terror, so why not just this once do what they want? By hanging him the vast majority are being done a favour.

He has full reason to die and nothing can justify what he did.

edit: What they should do is get Saddam and all the others who got death sentences to bite each other to death. Our RS teacher told us that a few soldiers in the African continent told children to do that to each other. Why shouldn't the soldiers and leaders get a taste of their own medicine?

Edited by electriic ink (see edit history)

While i'm sitting on the fence in regards to the death penalty. He's probably one of the few exceptions I wouldnt mind to see go through this method.But as others said sometimes innocent people die through this method, but in this case.. Hussein is obviously guilty, considering what he did over time during his rule of Iraq is unforgivable.

I heard that they were probably going to hand him, although I think that's wrong. I don't think we should kill him, but instead a life sentence would do. It seems wrong for the US to just go into another country, take someone and just kill him. To some extent, I think it should be up to his people. If they think he isn't that bad of a person, then just put him in jail for a while. But if they think he has been cruel to them (this is probably what they would say), then kill him. So, my fair equal is to put him in jail forever. It's not right for a person to die, no matter what he has done.

I voted for life sentence. He's an old looking dude, doesn't seem like he's gonna last long anyways. He treated people horribly, and i'm sure jail is no paradise. Just no "good behavior" privileges. It amazes me sometimes, when someone is supposed to last their entire life in prison, yet their jail time gets cut short for "good behavior".

Looks like hes going to be hanged. Although, I think they should have put him in the middle of a street and let the Iraqis unleash all their anger on him.

Not all Iraqis are angry with him, although most are. I still stick by my decision that they shouldn't have given him the death sentence.

Leviticus 24:17

17 And he that killeth any man shall surely be put to death.

18 And he that killeth a beast shall make it good; beast for beast.

19 And if a man cause a blemish in his neighbour; as he hath done, so shall it be done to him;

20 Breach for breach, eye for eye, tooth for tooth: as he hath caused a blemish in a man, so shall it be done to him again.

21 And he that killeth a beast, he shall restore it: and he that killeth a man, he shall be put to death.

^^ Should be considered when justifying yourself ^^