xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Behecca

How Do I Build Up The Courage To Call?

I met this guy a couple of weeks ago when i was away with a group of my friends in a small country town (home to a friend). We kinda hit it off pretty much straight away, but we are both extremely shy. The whole night we were exchanging looks between eachother and i had the constant feeling that someone was looking at me. I found out later that night that he was single and interested. The following day, we met up with eachother again however all my friends and his friends were there so nothing really happened. We just sort of avoided eachother the whole night. He then left to go to another party while the rest of us all went to the local pub. I hadnt seen him so by now i had slightly given up on the thought that something would happen between us. In the mean time all my friends and his friends we dancing and there were a few times where his best mate and i nearly hocked up but i turned away. Later on he returned, but we where still avoiding eachother. I was saying goodbye to all his mates and i thought i should really say goodbye to him so i did. But in my travels to say goodbye someone came up and started to talk to him. As i was behind his mate there was the instant eye contact between us again. He grabed my hand and pulled me around. We started talking and he asked me when i would be back and i replyed: "probably sometime next year". He then whispered in my ear "I cant wait that long to see you again"By now i didnt know what to say. So i went to kiss him on the cheek goodbye but we ended up hocking up instead. I didnt know what to do and unfortunately it ended up being a pash and dash. I saw one of my friends and headed towards her but she was standing with his best mate. I said goodbye to his best mate but we still couldnt stop looking at eachother. His best mate started to act strange with me and i didnt know why. When we got back to where i we were staying, i found out that his best mate saw us hocking up, as well as that his best mate also liked me too and took it really hard that we ended up hocking up. Unfortunately we didnt exchange numbers but i got it of one of his mates. I text messaged him a few times, but later found out that his phone wasnt working. I called him once but he didnt pick up. Later on that night he called me back but this time i missed it. I still havent gotten the courage to call him back, purely cause i dont know if he knows if it was me who called and also i dont know what to say. I cant stop thinking about him and what could of happened after we hocked up if i didnt make a dash for it. What do i do??? PLEASE HELP!!!

It depends on what you are talking about with this year thing. Why won't you be around wherever you were for another year? He's obviously interested, but you might not want to get going into a long-distance thing. You obviously don't know him very well with what you've said, but I'd say call him and just talk to him as friends and all. Get to know him. Then see what happens after that.

I know it may seem a not much empatic advice, but... why don?t you just call him?. You have the rest of your life to regret it. Anyway he called you back, so he want to talk with you. And in the worst case, if the thing doesn?t work, you don?t live in the same city so you won?t have to see each other again if you don?t want to.

Just get the phone and dial the number of that guy. When the guy answers, thats it. Both of you will now be talking to each other and you can think of a topic to ask while you are talking. If you are shy or building up the courage to call, It wont do because the day would end without you even hitting the call button. If you are also thinking of a topic to ask, It wont also do. Just let the conversation flow and you will be ending up talking all night long.

I disagree slightly with fr0z3n. Some people (like me) have a problem of thinking of what to say. I'm really shy and my mind just goes blank when the person on the other side of the phone says hello (if i like her that is). If you're like me, I recommend of thinking of the first 3 sentences you are going to say. Then go with the flow after that.Now, let's try the worst case scenario and I'll show you that even THAT isn't all that bad.Example:You: Hi, this is ----(your name)---. I'm sure you remember me from last week.Him: No, not really.You: You kiss girls at ---(where you were)---- all the time?Him: Oh yeah, now I remember. *shyly*You: *smiling happily* I tried to call you the other day, but it seemed your phone wasn't working. That happened to me once, when I accidentally left my phone in my pants and washed it with my laundry.At this point, you stop and let him continue the conversation. This is an invite to let him tell you why you couldn't reach him without actually asking him. It also tests him to see if he likes you enough to start a conversation with you. You see, he's not answering a question. Like, I said, worst case is that he doesn't remember you. I doubt it. He's probably thinking of you everyday as well.About courage, you just have to remember what Sprnknwn said. He's in a different city which means that you don't have to see him if you do mess up. You also have to remember that people tend to forgive a lot if they like the other person. So even if you say his name wrong, he likes you enough to kiss you, so he likes you enough to not care about that kind of mistake. He'll probably be stuttering more than you will. It's tougher on us guys, I think. Though that's just my opinion. G'luck.

Edited by lodd (see edit history)

well this is what you do "sry for any typeo's" im like a dr. phill but im not lol i do the same thing as him but i dont got my own show lol... now what i want you to do is stop thinking so hard because you are only makeing it harder for yurself .. this is a simple situation.. now the guys mate doesnt reallylike you he likes your body.. . i know this beacause you to dont feel anything special when you to exchange looks. now you and the other guy have sumthing there. i dk if its long term or short term but most likely long term beacause you to are both little shy... witch is ok to be shy..but theres a breaking point to the shyness. if you are to shy to call a guy beacause you like him the sry girl but you will get no where in life that way. you must take chances .. make choices . some choice may hurt some may be awsome. the choice is yursbut you must belive in yourself i can tell you have a low self eastem due to guy truble or recent drama in your life. but you just got to do it...... we are gonna play a game the rules are simple first you must call that guy and tell him what you really think i dont care if you are scared or even mess up while yur talking to him cause guys like that. just call him... and if you dont then the consequences ou develope yor self. beacause if you dont do this then ou will regret this yur whole life. well. i wish the best to u if you found this info useful then tell me at J_JDOGG@hotmail.com