xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Sharn

Music Sigs

Well, I figured I'd try a band sig to get back into graphics. This is actually the first time I've worked with curves and gradient maps, so it's pretty... plain. Next one will be better.

Posted Image

C&C, anyone?

EDIT: New Goo Goo Dolls signature... More C&C anyone?

Posted Image

I know - this one's pretty plain. Could use some suggestions on how to liven it up some more.

Edited by Sharn (see edit history)

For photo-manips, they're not bad. But some people tend to add like a spikey C4D render behind the artists. And maybe some sparks, and faded out lines. I say, the first one could use some of that. And try fixing up the text a bit. Second one, i guess it's OK the way it is. Maybe add another green slant to the upper-right, like with the lower left.

I love the second one, it looks like a disc sleeve, or something like that. But yes you could use some other effects in your photos, you can also do some brushing work over the image in a new layer, and then lower the opacity of it and fitting with your image colors, could be a nice effect.I guess i gotta try these kind of sigs cause im a music lover :( especially Rock bands.I may post my work with that in a few days :lol:Good job bro, and since no one rate sigs anymore, I would like to start that again :( 1st=7/10 2nd) 9/10

I think in the first one you have the perfect image to use effects. It?sn only a figure and you have room for giving it shade or whatever. I don?t like that you put Savage in one side with one orientation and Garden in the opposite. It takes tiem for people who doesn?t know the band to recognise that this is the singer of a banda called Savage Garden.In the second it?s more difficult as there are three people and no obscure background like in the first. And it?s a promo pic, so it doesn?t have the "magic" of a live show. I would make these spots more aggresive, dirtier maybe, because Goo Goo Dolls is more a rock band than Savage Garden, for example.

Thanks for the comments, peeps... I made this one like... yesterday. Forgot to post it here... Here it is:

Posted Image

I really like it. Pretty sweet.

And, Sprnknwn, thanks for the advice. Maybe I'll take a grunge brush to that one too. It's so hard to find live pictures of bands. Otherwise that's definitely what I'd use, since it puts much more feeling into a sig.

When I started on the Savage Garden one, it actually had quite a lot of brackground. But after all the adjustment layers and the really light brushing, I got rid of most of it. Really helps draw attention to the singer.

MIGUE2k7... you made a great point with the disc sleeve. Once you looke at it that way... it really does. =o Good luck on making your own! If you need a tip or have a question, just ask.

These are mostly just experiments... I went into a no-sig period for like 3 months... I was hopeless with the style i was using. It couldn't be expanded on. So I had to try something different. Liking the results so far. Gonna go to something other than bands soon, I hope.

I personally don't think the original should be used in rating/commenting sigs. It's how the end result looks that matters.