xisto Community
bluewindsh

What About The Speed Of The Connection?

The connection using by me is very good, because I have cable internet and that is the best option in my environment. But, sometimes, I can't connect trap 17, I don't know why. Also my account. The speed of my connection is 512 kb/s.

I use the fttb+lan of Shanghai China at 10m/s speed,but sometimes IE can not find the dns of the Xisto.it should be the ChinaNet international exit velocity is at a slow speed. :( where is the host of the Xisto at ?

I am having extreme troubles with this forum at work,because somehow I manage to connect at maximum 28.8 kbps,so it is really very bad experience.At home situation is much better with 56k,but it will be even better soon with 256k ADSL. But,in general,this forum's speed is OK.

I don't know, it seems to load faster than most phpBB board do on my computer.. though I have a pretty crapy conection, and no hope of getting a faster one any time soon. Damn Ireland and it's curportion. ;_; we pay 40% more than england does on esb... and they blame oil prices.Sorry for ranting

I am having extreme troubles with this forum at work,because somehow I manage to connect at maximum 28.8 kbps,so it is really very bad experience.

At home situation is much better with 56k,but it will be even better soon with 256k ADSL. But,in general,this forum's speed is OK.

41606[/snapback]

Hey,I got today 256K wireless at work,so it's much better now. The speed is very good now!

I'm connecting from home @ 33.6kbps (intentionaly limited, telephone company is crap here in Yu) and the forum works resonably fast considering my connection... phpBB forums though load much faster...However, sometimes, while browsing this forum, or posting, then submiting the post, I get "Cannot foind server" error... And it's starting to get worse... But I guess it's the bloodt Telecom that's messing with routers, it' wont be their first time...I'm hoping to get myself a wireless internet, probably @ 256k or even 384k

The speed of the connection is too good. But I dont know what exactly is wrong in accessing the Xisto from my computer. Sometimes, it gives some error message : "page cannot be displayed", but all other times, its lightning fast. My dsl speed is 2MBPS.