xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
dontmaimyourself

Supid Noob Question.

I dont know if it is possible, but i have seen converters but only for ipb to phpbb. try phpbbhacks.com but i dont know.the only other way would be to go into phpmyadmin and copy each post to the new database. if you dont know youre way around phpmyadmin it can get a little tricky.

It is possible to convert posts from another forum to ipb. I have seen converters at https://invisionpower.com/features/apps but havn't been their for a while so you should check it out. Copying each post through phpmyadmin would be quite silly as it would take a long time to take date, content and user references and then you would have to enter them into your other board in a compatible manner. Why do the work of a converter when it can do it for you? I strongly suggest looking at the invision site I metioned and if that fails do a engine search.

It is possible to convert posts from another forum to ipb. I have seen converters at https://invisionpower.com/features/apps but havn't been their for a while so you should check it out. Copying each post through phpmyadmin would be quite silly as it would take a long time to take date, content and user references and then you would have to enter them into your other board in a compatible manner. Why do the work of a converter when it can do it for you? I strongly suggest looking at the invision site I metioned and if that fails do a engine search.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah. Most of them convert from IPB to something else. Wierd eh? not many are actually make to convert to IPB.....