xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
the_aggie10

Good Screen For Pc

hey im looking for a quality screen that could be used for my upcoming PC. when i say quality i MEAN quality AND cheap. thanks (links would be nice)

its hard to help you as you weren't specific enough. could you specify what you're mainly going to use your PC for? if you're into gaming, use a CRT monitor, or if you want LCD, go for one with the shortest response time if you're into extreme high end gaming, if not an everage response time will do...if you're not into gaming then the choice is rather easy almost any monitor will do, just go for a cheap but reliable and trustworthy brand.

I don't understand the use of CRT monitors anymore. the_aggie is looking for something upcoming I believe, and CRT monitors are definitely not the latest thing, in fact they are dying out, a huge percentage of us now use LCD and I don't think people will use CRT monitors unless they are on an extremely tight budget.

Also here , CRT monitors are out of date.(They can be bought for a cheap price but don't have the quality of a good LCD).Only if you are playing (shoot and kill) games you need a fast response time (2ms).These days almost all LCD monitors have 8ms or lower response time.In the early days they were a lot slower.For office and home use almost anything will do, next you have the choise between 17" , 19" or higher.The best in price/quality is 19" I think , 17" is getting small.Another choice you have is the ratio 4/3 or 16/9.If you want to watch TV or DVD on your PC the best is 16/9 (or the wide screens).For games I don't know the older games are all in 4/3, for Office applications they both will do.

You've got to get an LCD screen. CRT monitors are out-of-date, bulky, and aren't as good of quality like you want as LCD displays are. Plus LCD screens are getting cheaper and cheaper every year, so it most likely wouldn't be too hard for you to get a good quality LCD screen without emptying your pockets completely. I have a Samsung SyncMaster 192n. It's 19" and it "was" worth every penny when I bought it. It's mabye 4 years old, and I'm sure you all remember what the prices on these things were like back then. This one cost me $600, but I was happy with it since it was one of the biggest. You could get a nice 17" for around $175 I bet.

I am using a 24" Dell widescreen LCD monitor. Its works great. High resolutions of 1920x1200 and I have my Xbox 360 hooked up via the VGA input, which works nice. Run my computer off the DVI and use the VGA for my gaming. Not a bad price, you can pick one up new on ebay for under $700 if I remember right, and that was about 3 months ago...Clean looking monitor too, Dell's products are usually very visually appealing. I'd suggest checking into them.

Umm... For those of you that are saying that CRT are lower quality than LCD, you are mistaken. Cheap LCDs are much worse than a cheap CRT. YOu are right when you are saying that they are outdated technology though. If you have enough money, get a good LCD definately, but never, I repeat, NEVER get a cheap LCD if you want quality.

I am using a 24" Dell widescreen LCD monitor. Its works great. High resolutions of 1920x1200 and I have my Xbox 360 hooked up via the VGA input, which works nice. Run my computer off the DVI and use the VGA for my gaming. Not a bad price, you can pick one up new on ebay for under $700 if I remember right, and that was about 3 months ago...
Clean looking monitor too, Dell's products are usually very visually appealing. I'd suggest checking into them.

I didn't know Dell actually produced LCD monitors but in any case, their products are very cheap especially their laptop and they seem to be the only brand promoting in such a large scale. However I would not trust Dell products ever since the incident with their batteries exploding. Really freaky incident, I would definitely spend more money for a better laptop than choose Dell. Ever since then, I am against Dell products

Another option, if you are looking for an amazing gaming monitor I would go with a Samsung 931C Black 19" 2ms LCD. An LCD with a 2ms response rate? That is amazing, definately one of the fastest response rates I have seen. You may pay a little extra compared to other 19" LCD's, but it is definately reasonable. All depends upon what you plan on using your monitor for, definately go with LCD though, CRT is fading out fasttt. If you plan on just basic desktop application, word processing, internet surfing, is a 2ms response rate monitor nescessary? Not really, but if you're into gaming you should definately consider it.

My teacher speak that Computer video can be characterized according to the following charahteristic, 1. Color capabilities 2. Sharpness and viewabiliy 3. he size of screen 4. the projction technology can You explain to me one by one. Please....!!!!!! :) :)

what's the different of CRT, LCD, and gas plasma technologi??? Which the best??? Why??? I hope You can help me,,,, Pleaaaaaaaaaase !!!!!!

i would personally reccomend the samsung syncmaster series. i got myself a 19' widescreen with 2 ms response and 2000:1 ratio for $277 and $25 rebate. at first i wasnt happy with games but then i googled enough and found the widescreen gaming forum which provided me with widescreen adjustments for all my games.